What soaps are Toxic to your skin?

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by bambrit, Apr 15, 2019 at 12:50 AM.

1. bambrit

bambrit Forum GOD!

I have found a few soaps that are drying to my skin, but found only Menthol soaps to outright irritate it.

What soaps does your skin not get along with and know that your lather skill is not to blame?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 6:27 AM
  2. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Forum GOD!

The only ones that i'd say have been toxic have always contained Cinnamon. 7x from T&S being the most recent. Man it was like I was trying to shave with deepheat

Reevers, RandySp and bambrit like this.
  3. TobyC

TobyC Ghost of the Past

Couldn't resist.

radioactive-products-from-past-radium-soap.jpg

bambrit and culcreuch like this.
  4. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

About half of what I buy / try. The most recent being Stirling Sheep & Tabac. I've always suspected the perfume used but I think Sheep is fragrance free...

bambrit likes this.
  5. Steve Bowles

Steve Bowles Forum GOD!

Anything with lime.

6. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

A few from Caties Bubbles, unfortunately for me Wickhams and Kramperts Bay Rum oh also many of the Van Yulay soaps.

RandySp likes this.
  7. RussellR5555

RussellR5555 Über Member

I didn't get along with Truffit and Hill Aspley and some OSP ones , yet other OSPs where favourite soaps. However my skin is always a bit unpredictable.

8. chris.hale

chris.hale Forum GOD!

Trumper's coconut cream for me, it always leaves my face feeling warm but not in a good way. Pity as I love the scent. :(

9. Dr Watson

Dr Watson The Other James

Worst offenders have been OSP Shogun, Antica Barbieria Colla & Penhaligons. All left me with a red itchy face, they're all strongly scented so I blame that.

10. DamianJ

DamianJ Forum GOD!

I got a slight burning sensation with a Caties Bubbles LTV which was quiet strongly scented. It must have been something in the scent because Purple Grapefruit and A Midnight Dreary had no issues.

11. La Toja stick gave me terrible burning (which was a pity as the performance was excellent) and also a few of TOBS creams. Ironically, the Jermyn Street one was the worst . I am fine with heavily mentholated soap and creams so I think it may be some fragrance components. Haslinger and TOBS coconut gave me issues as well/ No irritation but unpleasant burning on the face.

RandySp likes this.
  12. StevieBoy

StevieBoy Forum GOD!

Stirling Sharp Dressed Man lit my face up quite a bit which I was gutted about.

Wickhams Cashmere can tingle a bit as Well.

13. SeanC

SeanC Forum GOD!

I'm fortunate that nothing has irritated me in the classic 'Swan Vesta' sense, but a few soaps have been so drying for me post shave, stand up De Vergulde Hand, that in reality they are unusable.

14. struttura.originaria

struttura.originaria Legendary Member

Razormaster Toivo for first on my skin. Terrible.

15. R181

R181 Grumpy old man

Been lucky, very few have irritated me. The one that stands out was Henri et Victoria's Cognac and Cuban Cigars. Fortunately that was a sample and unfortunately because the lather as good. Some others have given me a mild tingling sensation and iirc they all had strong cologne type scents which may have been the cause.

Bob

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice