What private plates do you have

jimthecamera

Forum GOD!
present plate on our jaguar- is s300 bay -(as we live- at our guest house- called- sandwick bay) www.sandwickbay.com -best plate that I ever owned was 45 clt-as I was then- in to-collecting firearms- and had 10 or so different colt and customised colt 45 pistols- number came off of a London city bus- bought from Ann Gloag of perth-way back then!!-from memory-so certainly a London number -and seems to have been reserved for the bus companies!! city of London transport?? hence clt!!

Tyke121

Forum GOD!
Ours is ee 11 cal, E for my wife Estelle 1 close as I could get to Ian and cal for Calvert, I couldn't make mind up as wether to spend money on one but finally did

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
It's not something I've ever really entertained. My mother in law named Lesley has the last 3 letters LES on her car. Couldn't think of anything worse than all drivers knowing my name. Everytime you're slow off the lights, people behind shouting "move the f*CK on Les!"

dc68

-------------
I have a number of plates; dishes; cups and saucers. Cant think why you would want to have a particular number plate on a car. I just give her a name, it does change when she won't start though.

jimthecamera

Forum GOD!
nice cars to drive- and quite cheap on maintenance- (as long as the frame is ok- on them-as a huge job to replace-as they were powder coated frames and once water gets in-a nightmare job to sort out-) had one for a wee while- after I sold my lotus -long before I. moved on to jags!!never content are we!!

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
An acquaintance a few years ago had a TVR Chimaera with L300 BHP.
Friend of ours had one, just for a while as he wanted something nippy while he was waiting for his Aston Martin to be built !!! Loads of money, City Banker. Surprisingly big boot, sounded fantastic.

chris.hale

Forum DOG!
Staff member
He took me out for a blat in it once, it sounded amazing and the acceleration was like nothing else I’ve been in. We did get a boy racer in a Nova alongside us at the lights revving his engine, Carl gave a couple of obliging revs in return and when the lights changed pulled away nice and gently. I think Nova-boy thought he’d beaten a TVR.

I still really want a Cerbera or Griffith but it’s the ones from the 90s that I love and they weren’t paragons of reliability when they were new. I imagine a 30 year old one would be a serious money pit.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
He took me out for a blat in it once, it sounded amazing and the acceleration was like nothing else I’ve been in. We did get a boy racer in a Nova alongside us at the lights revving his engine, Carl gave a couple of obliging revs in return and when the lights changed pulled away nice and gently. I think Nova-boy thought he’d beaten a TVR.

I still really want a Cerbera or Griffith but it’s the ones from the 90s that I love and they weren’t paragons of reliability when they were new. I imagine a 30 year old one would be a serious money pit.
Reminds me of the time we were sat behind a Ferrari. It was there ticking over with a nice rubble. Lad was in the car so I put the windows down he was only around eight at the time. The driver clocked us and was giving it gentle revs and building them up. Lights change and he sets off gentle, takes the turning and blasts the hell out of it. Lad was thrilled to bits.