What Phone you have and Why.

D

Deleted member 1881

Huawei P8 Lite model.

Very heavy use, my daughter plays games all the time, it has fallen down 10 times at least, no problem.

It is 8-core. The replacement maybe another Huawei or a Xiaomi.

Cleanfoam

Forum GOD!
iPhone 11 - my 1st ever iPhone after years of Samsun/Son/HTC etc. weird as I’ve had an iPad since launch and a MacBook too, but always thought they were overprice. Haven’t changed my opinion on pricing but it’s probably the best phone I’ve owned.
To be fair though, each of the other phones have done their jobs just fine, but I find battery life on 11 is far superior to any of the others I’ve owned based on my usage.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
iPhone 11 Pro Max. I’ve had a lot of Androids too and I prefer that OS and the customisation offered, but the lack of long term updates with most manufacturers is the issue there. My Apple stuff just works together beautifully. I dislike the lack of freedom though, and feeling that they control what I do.

Used a Samsung for years , then switched to an iPhone 7 , I have had an iPad for several years , so simple to use , I do think the camera was better on the Samsung , the picture quality was excellent ,but, for me ease of use wins .

Reactions: p.b

gwsmallwood

Legendary Member
I really want to go Apple for ease of use, software support windows, and restrictions on customization. I like bigger phones, as I do a ton of reading on my phone.

But I pay cash for my phones, and I can't bring myself to spend $1,000 on a phone...or $2,500 for a decent laptop.

My last few Android phones have lost software support long before the phone stopped working well. Because of that I buy Android One phones in the $300 range and upgrade when the software support window runs out. I have the same basic approach with my Chromebooks, but I up the budget a couple hundred dollars.

Wayne

Forum Sod
iPhone X for me. I didn't think the 11 justified the upgrade and probably won't upgrade to the 12 even though in reality it is cheaper than the X when it came out. My contact is up middle of 21 and I'll prob save a fortune and go back to Sim only.

Grarea

Forum Plod
Yes, sim only prices are great now.
Unltd calls, unltd texts, 5gb data. £6 a month.
With the speed of technology slowing down,there is no need to upgrade as much.
Well, if your phone doesn't slow itself down on purpose to encourage you to get a new one.

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Went to swap over to the iPhone 12Pro Max but was just too much extra a month plus losing some benefits