What motorcycle do you or would you have?

Driftwood

Forum GOD!
I like Triumph. A bit tall for me thou and not quite my style.
I’d go with a Ducati Monster. I’ve always wanted one. It doesn’t need to be a big bike just fun and sexy.
I like the Monsters too, but they're expensive to run with insurance and servicing. I was thinking of getting the Triumph Scrambler, bit I really don't need a second motorbike.

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
I like the Monsters too, but they're expensive to run with insurance and servicing. I was thinking of getting the Triumph Scrambler, bit I really don't need a second motorbike.
Maintenance on Monsters is something to consider.
Here in Texas getting yourself killed on the road is also something to think about. When we move I’ll dream again of getting one.
I’ve not looked at a Triumph in a long time. What was it??? The Triple T or something was a nice one if I remember correctly. But, like I said before, they’re too tall for me.

Driftwood

Forum GOD!
Ducati are fine if you're mechanically minded or you have deep pockets, a basic service is my limit. The street triple and speed triple are worth looking at, I considered them but the insurance was excessive. You can get lowering kits for them, if you're vertically challenged or get a wee Honda Grom :)

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
I learned at about 15 years old that two wheeled, motorized conveyances and I did not get on well together. The pavement and I became quite well acquainted !

But, I would have liked for this not to be so.... I always admired the Triumph Bonneville..

Last edited:

RazorMcRazorface

Cardinal Biggles
I bought my first bike 20 years ago. Till now, after a lot of selling and trading, my bike history looks like this.
1. Suzuki CB500 (crashed)
2. Suzuki CB500 (I liked those,traded for nr.3)
3. Honda CBR600 Streetfighter costum (traded for nr.4)
4. Kawasaki Z750 (sold)
(bit of a pause then, cause my first daughter popped up)
5. Sym Sympony 125 (could do with a bit more power,sold)
6. Sym Citycom 300 (there you go) (a 18yo boy cut me with his VW Golf, bye bye Sym)
7. Honda SH 300i (nice, but after 5 years of Scooter I want something with a bit more...... MORE)
8. ? (Looking at a Yamaha MT-01 at the moment)

NeilJ

Forum GOD!
No bike at the moment. Previous bikes have been Guzzi V50, Honda CBR600, Honda VFR 750, BMW R100S amongst many others. Tempted by a Honda VFR1200F.

Vacumatic

Testy
I appreciate that I am old but is anyone else of the mind that new bikes are way too fast and too powerful. I used to have 500/650/750 bikes and the most powerful had 75bhp, and that was really quick. the idea that a 200 bhp bike is possible sounds crazy to me, perhaps they should be reserved for riders with a superlicence of some sort.

I used to ride the pegs off a Honda CB500 Four and loved it, perfect engine that was smooth and powerful and perfectly reliable. I put 15000 miles on the bike in the first year, yet another bike I wish that I hadn't sold.

Last edited:

Zwilling

Kamisori shaver
Ducati are fine if you're mechanically minded or you have deep pockets, a basic service is my limit. The street triple and speed triple are worth looking at, I considered them but the insurance was excessive. You can get lowering kits for them, if you're vertically challenged or get a wee Honda Grom :)
The Triumph triples are the most stolen motorbikes in Britain by quite a margin, a police biker informed me....

I'd love one of these:

CB1100.jpg