What motorcycle do you or would you have?

I had a total of three bikes.
The first one I had in my teenage years was an MZ 125cc. It was a good bike. Not fast enough to get in trouble, but a pleasure.
The next one was a 2001 Suzuki GSXR 1000. This thing was a rocket. I managed to hit the speed limit on it with 180mph. I truly enjoyed that bike.
The last one was a Honda Magna 750 in black and red. Unfortunately the wife dropped it and it never ran the same after. I ended up selling it...
I would love to get a new one, but weather is a bit wet and cold in Ireland and don’t wanna chance it anymore...
Ha! So, I’m guessing that when you say “hit the speed limit on it with 180mph” you are referring to the bike’s “top speed” rather than the local municipal speed limit. Otherwise, I’m thinking I’d like to ride where you live!

I once went really fast on my 1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird, but it was not that fast! I was riding with an off-duty policeman who told me that, if I kept up with him, I would not get a ticket. I couldn’t keep up, but that was my fault, not the Blackbird’s fault. It was still accelerating really hard at 155.

Last edited:

karlc

Forum GOD!
Would love a Yamaha MT-09. I used to have a 125cc and I found that the supersports style hurt my lower back.
Would love to get a full license (I dont ride anymore as my CBT ran out) but Ive been with two instructors, who I felt weren't that good at teaching (impatient and criticise learners mistakes rather ran guide and scaffold) and it put me off getting one.

Blackie

Forum GOD!
My favourite bike was my Yamaha RD350. Yep, just a sweet wee 2 stroke that I 'modified' thanks to an English M/C mag that showed how to alter the port timing.
Man, that thing was a rocket. So light too, it was a pleasure to ride.
I regret selling that one, and also regret the day I sold my Norton ES2 (nice big old 500cc single).
Modern bikes? I'd like a new Triumph Speed Twin, or Thruxton RS.

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
I had a total of three bikes.
The first one I had in my teenage years was an MZ 125cc. It was a good bike. Not fast enough to get in trouble, but a pleasure.
The next one was a 2001 Suzuki GSXR 1000. This thing was a rocket. I managed to hit the speed limit on it with 180mph. I truly enjoyed that bike.
The last one was a Honda Magna 750 in black and red. Unfortunately the wife dropped it and it never ran the same after. I ended up selling it...
I would love to get a new one, but weather is a bit wet and cold in Ireland and don’t wanna chance it anymore...
I loved those MZ bikes, loads of fun and you could leave the keys in the ignition without it getting nicked! Ugly as sin but still cool! :) P.

SammieM

Forum GOD!
Ha! So, I’m guessing that when you say “hit the speed limit on it with 180mph” you are referring to the bike’s “top speed” rather than the local municipal speed limit. Otherwise, I’m thinking I’d like to ride where you live!

I once went really fast on my 1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird, but it was not that fast! I was riding with an off-duty policeman who told me that, if I kept up with him, I would not get a ticket. I couldn’t keep up, but that was my fault, not the Blackbird’s fault. It was still accelerating really hard at 155.
Hehe. It was the bikes top speed. We were all young and foolish once. I highly doubt I would do that again. You get a bit of a tunnel vision at those speeds and wearing a helmet just makes you a better looking corpse.

Zwilling

Kamisori shaver
Man, it's days like today that I miss having a bike. Just to go out, forget about the world, glorious sunshine, clear roads. Ah, I can dream.

Vacumatic

Testy
Man, it's days like today that I miss having a bike. Just to go out, forget about the world, glorious sunshine, clear roads. Ah, I can dream.
Exactly, not going that quickly either, just gentle riding, feeling the corners and letting the engine pull low down in the gears. Perfect riding now with no cars on the roads.

Summer evening rides, can't beat 'em.

Zwilling

Kamisori shaver
Exactly, not going that quickly either, just gentle riding, feeling the corners and letting the engine pull low down in the gears. Perfect riding now with no cars on the roads.

Summer evening rides, can't beat 'em.
You read my mind! Bikes are a unique kind of pleasure, I feel fortunate to have experienced it. Maybe I'll get another one in a few years.

Cheesepiece

Stickler
Sold the BMW R850R three weeks ago with an eye to downsizing the cubic centimetres.
Wanted a DRZ400 or an XR200 but was prepared to wait for the right bike.
Then I spotted a '94 CB500 very locally which piqued my interest and I thought, why not? I'd owned a '97 CB500 back in 2011 when I first passed my full bike licence and loved the thing.
The owner wanted much more than it was worth and I came home again empty handed.
Serendipity. 48 hrs later, a younger one with fewer miles popped up at an agreeable asking price price. The owner rode it the 33 miles to my house and we transacted at a social distance. Full asking price was paid and he slipped me a twenty pound note back to fill the tank. What a guy!
Chuffed to bits.
'99 CB500 Sport.

Tonyschin

Pogonotomist
Its been a few years, but my last one was a Blackbird,
3 (2).JPG

Some great memories from about 30 years of riding.
A big highlight was John o Groats to Lands End in 1 day on a ZZR600, We rode up from the northeast to stop overnight, then Set off from J'o'G at 6am, arriving Lands End @ around 9pm - 876miles.
8 Petrol stops with 1 tankful only lasting about 75miles. New tyres to start, new tyres when we got home. Oh! it was October as well.
Many trips to IOM, Brilliant days.
Nearly lost my licence riding the Blackbird 1day but was real lucky, that was when it got serious, it was never the same.
I think if i was to get another it would be another Blackbird or a Pan European