What is your favourite Truefitt and Hill cream?

Dr Watson

James
1805 interests me as does Spanish Leather. How does T&H leather compare to the Trumper version?
1805 is their most popular scent, basically a clone of Issey Miyake pour homme so think 90s aquatic citrus. Their Spanish leather smells very similar to Versace L'Homme IMO, all T&H scents are rip offs of other well known scents... This happened 10+ years ago I recall reading on the shavemyface forum, they had new owners (American I think?) who discontinued the floral classics and reformulated everything else to be far more modern.

Trumper's Spanish leather is like a comforting warm blanket, a scent from a bygone era, far better than the T&H version.

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
1805 is their most popular scent, basically a clone of Issey Miyake pour homme so think 90s aquatic citrus. Their Spanish leather smells very similar to Versace L'Homme IMO, all T&H scents are rip offs of other well known scents... This happened 10+ years ago I recall reading on the shavemyface forum, they had new owners (American I think?) who discontinued the floral classics and reformulated everything else to be far more modern.

Trumper's Spanish leather is like a comforting warm blanket, a scent from a bygone era, far better than the T&H version.
Thank you, sir.

Groathillgrump

Forum GOD!
T&H No.10 was the first cream I bought when I started this wet shaving malarky almost 9 years ago. I enjoyed using it and to this day I always
have a tub in the soap/cream rotation.

I haven't tried any of their slightly more expensive offerings but may be tempted to do so after discovering this thread. :happy:

1805 closely followed by Grafton. Called in there yesterday ( Central
London shop) on my way home from work, magical place, classic.

Last edited:

NeilJ

Guru
I received the T&H cream and balm sample set the other day along with samples of TOBS and Trumpers. Haven’t tried T&H yet but have earmarked Grafton for tomorrows shave. Out of the 3T’s the T&H sample set was the best presented.

NeilJ

Guru
I tried Grafton today, the scent wasn’t for me but performance was absolutely superb. Looking forward to trying the other scents in the sample bag.