What are YOUR favorite blades?

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Lately been loving the Wizamet SI’s, though found that four shaves was a bit too much and got some irritation. Could be a technique thing of course, but will likely stick to three and out.

R181

Grumpy old man
For DE blades several varieties of Russian blades have been good. I tried some Derby Extra blades and liked them enough to get 200 on a good buy. All the mentioned blades are good for 7 four pass shaves for me.

For SE blades nothing I have tried beats Personna GEM PTFE coated stainless steel blades.

Bob

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
I honestly cannot choose one. When I had a small collection I found that each one shaved better with a different blade, finding the blade for each razor was part of the fun. I still have around a Dozen different blades but I no longer have a collection of razors. I have enough left to see me into the ground.
Out of curiosity and if you don’t mind sharing, what setup have you ended up with. I haven’t always been around here and my memory plays tricks but was it the Leaf that you turned to?

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
When using a new razor, I start with Gillette Rubies. They work in every razor I have tried them in. Reasons for using other blades are that in some razors, I can get a more efficient result with a different blade. 2nd place feather. 3rd place Minora

Wintermute

Forum GOD!
I think I have a new favourite. The Gillette Winner Platinums.

I was already a huge fan of the Indian made Gillette Blacks but the Winners seem even smoother to me. Needless to say I’ve stocked up on them :happy:

Zorro

Forum GOD!
Derby's are smooth but not very sharp...
Feathers are super sharp but a bit nippy...

Astra SP are the perfect balance of smooth and sharp (for me) .... and cheap as chips.... Bonus!!!

Moriarty

Guru
Kai are my favourites - they make all of my razors a bit more efficient, and I find them as smooth as anything else. I also like Personnas, Feathers, Gillette Silver Blue and Nacets.