What are YOUR favorite blades?

bkatbamna

Forum GOD!
Love them: Nacet, Polsilver, Lord Platinum, Rapira Platinum Lux
Like them a lot: Vidyut Super Max Platinum, Ladas, Crown, Lord SS, Gillette SB, Indian Wilkinson Sword, Derby premium(black label), Feather, 7'oclock(all versions except the black)
Can live without ever using another: Vokshod, German Wilkinson Sword, 7'oclocks black, Merkur.

NRG

Forum GOD!
My favorites for today:
1. Feather - sharpest and at the same time delicate for their sharpness, very durable :thumbsup:
2. Polsilver Super Iridium - most pleasant blades, but only for two shaves for me, not durable.
3. Personna Comfort Coated - sharp and harsh, work well but require accuracy.
4. Personna Platinum - milder than #3 and sharp enough.
5. Sputnik - good blades for reasonable price, universal for work in both aggressive and fairly mild razors.

Last edited:

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
I think I am liking Astra, Gillete Platinium and I am surprised by Gillete Silver Blue.
I’m not sure why this should be surprising, but you are right, it is.
I saw mid December through on a Gillette Silver Blue and they came in a very definite 4th place for me.
Why I had such low expectations and surprise I have no idea.......

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Since we are on the subject of blades, I have heard that Gillette has introduced, or re-introduced it's blades known as "Swedes". They are made in Russia. They don't say Swedes anywhere but say Gillette Platinum. These are not the same ones that most of us know as Gillette Platinums. The packaging is different. See below. Does anyone know how the Swedes shave as compared to Gillette Silver Blues?

image.png
image.png

So the new ones are on the left with the blue background and the white letters while the older version has the white background with the blue and silver letters. I've heard the ones on the left DO NOT replace the ones on the right. Confusing, right? Anyone with info?

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Since we are on the subject of blades, I have heard that Gillette has introduced, or re-introduced it's blades known as "Swedes". They are made in Russia. They don't say Swedes anywhere but say Gillette Platinum. These are not the same ones that most of us know as Gillette Platinums. The packaging is different. See below. Does anyone know how the Swedes shave as compared to Gillette Silver Blues?

View attachment 46122 View attachment 46123

So the new ones are on the left with the blue background and the white letters while the older version has the white background with the blue and silver letters. I've heard the ones on the left DO NOT replace the ones on the right. Confusing, right? Anyone with info?
I've used both variants of Gillette Platinum above. Firstly these are not Swedes. Swedes are NOS blades made in either the UK or France with details of the Swedish distributer shown on the back.

The blades in the dark blue box have laser etching on one side, whilst those in the white box have traditional printing on both sides. Gillette are in the process of migrating their blades to laser etching and in some instances the packaging has changed too e.g. Perma-sharp. I found that apart from the first couple shaves being slightly smoother, there is no other discernable change in performance i.e. average IMHO.

On balance I believe that the blue boxes are the successor to the white, albeit with a slight tinkering with the coating

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk