What are YOUR favorite blades?

J-B-M

Über Member
Current rotation in order of sharpness...

Feather
Permasharps
GSB (used to dislike them but they have started to work for me in the right razor and I restocked a few tucks)
Astra SP
Personna IP
Gillete 7 O Clock Green

If I could only have one blade it would be Feather, which were my main and only blade for years.

Yesterday I had my first shave with a Rapira Platinum Lux and was impressed. I tried a Voskhod first and the feel was very different from the Gillette Russian blades, but it was just too mild for me - very tuggy on the first shave with 2 days growth and struggled to complete a second shave when faced with just 1 day of growth. The Platinum Lux seems only just sharp enough to get the job done without tugging, but it has the same very smooth feeling. I will be surprised if I get 3 shaves out of it but I may still end up rating it just for smoothness even if the longevity isn't great.

Next up to try are Wizamets.

Asfalloth

Veteran
Gillette Super Thin Platinum
Astra Platinum
Gillette Nacet
Gillette Super Blue
Gillette London Bridge

Last edited:

zealshaver

Forum GOD!
Tried them all. My favorites are the Gillette super stainless (Russian, green box) and the new release of Perma Sharps. Well OK, and the Wizamet super Iridiums.

Groathillgrump

Forum GOD!
My current favourites in no particular order of preference are:

Rapira Platinum Lux
Gillette Nacet Stainless
Wizamet Super Iridium
Personna Platinum Chrome
Gillette Silver Blue

I also like SuperMax Super Platinums that don't seem to get a lot of love but they work well for me and are cheap as chips.

Ian.mal

Forum GOD!
My current favourites in no particular order of preference are:

Rapira Platinum Lux
Gillette Nacet Stainless
Wizamet Super Iridium
Personna Platinum Chrome
Gillette Silver Blue

I also like SuperMax Super Platinums that don't seem to get a lot of love but they work well for me and are cheap as chips.
My favourite cheap as chips blade (was cheap as chips when I bought them 200 for £4.50) is the SuperMax Titanium