Weight of empty soap containers

D

Deleted member 1881

No the container base 24g is tared on the scales to 0g before the 140g of soap is added. The weight on my containers state 140g but all are over this.

Since I introduced the new lock in seals at the beginning of this week, each soap is now 145g so each tub contains 5g extra.

I have two Razorock soaps 150gr each.

Your soap is a LOT heavier than Razorock. So definitely the soap itself is 140gr as you mention. Thanks Darron!

Ps I have shaved with it many times and no matter how hard I load, the soap is still there! This is bad for your pocket! Hahaha! I will definitely exceed the level of 100 shaves with it, maybe more.

D

Deleted member 30

I have two Razorock soaps 150gr each.

Your soap is a LOT heavier than Razorock. So definitely the soap itself is 140gr as you mention. Thanks Darron!

Ps I have shaved with it many times and no matter how hard I load, the soap is still there! This is bad for your pocket! Hahaha! I will definitely exceed the level of 100 shaves with it, maybe more.
It would be interesting to work out how many shaves 1912 can provide. One day I will sit down and work it out. :)

D

Deleted member 1881

I may just have some information you may be interested in on that topic Darron @Fox

According to my records I've had between 70 and 85 shaves from the Wickham 1912 soaps I've completed.

Loading with a 30mm knot?

D

Deleted member 30

I may just have some information you may be interested in on that topic Darron @Fox

According to my records I've had between 70 and 85 shaves from the Wickham 1912 soaps I've completed.
Is that a good number of shaves Damian? Are you getting more from other soaps? If so which ones?

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Is that a good number of shaves Damian? Are you getting more from other soaps? If so which ones?
It was just for information, I wasn't suggesting it was a problem, I really hope you didn't think that.

Yes I think it's a very good number of shaves, I reckon it would be about 3 months use for me to finish a tub if I used one tub exclusively.

I have completed a few other soaps/creams along with several Wickham. Trumpers Eucris cream tube gives me about 30-35 shaves. I think the last P&B I finished was about 45. So in comparison I'd suggest Wickham 1912 lasts very well indeed!

Different people and brushes will load differently but the above is my experience. I load until I think I have enough, or squirt a small amount from the cream tube, not exactly scientific.

D

Deleted member 30

It was just for information, I wasn't suggesting it was a problem, I really hope you didn't think that.

Yes I think it's a very good number of shaves, I reckon it would be about 3 months use for me to finish a tub if I used one tub exclusively.

I have completed a few other soaps/creams along with several Wickham. Trumpers Eucris cream tube gives me about 30-35 shaves. I think the last P&B I finished was about 45. So in comparison I'd suggest Wickham 1912 lasts very well indeed!

Different people and brushes will load differently but the above is my experience. I load until I think I have enough, or squirt a small amount from the cream tube, not exactly scientific.
Yes, I see and understand. I was just curious more than anything, I don't really keep count and like many other shavers have soaps in rotation. That said I have been through a few tubs of Classic 24 since it launched and has been something I have noticed.

It's an interesting area of thought and one that should be explored more.

D

Deleted member 1881

Yes, I see and understand. I was just curious more than anything, I don't really keep count and like many other shavers have soaps in rotation. That said I have been through a few tubs of Classic 24 since it launched and has been something I have noticed.

It's an interesting area of thought and one that should be explored more.

PAA Cavendish gives me 30-35 shaves. But it is 100gr I think.

But I overload all my soaps. I want some creamy lather all the time. I want to see a full soapy-pasty brush.

D

Deleted member 476

Thanks for the suggestion. Upon re-consideration, I decided that it was worth the effort to at least send a quick email to TOBS and see what they have to say on the matter. I will advise of any detailed response.
5 days since my email to TOBS and No Response, No reply, nothing from TOBS. errr yeah, trust your gut folks, mine rarely fails me.
Just 90g of tobs shaving cream in a 150g labelled tub. Won't be doing that again.

Grarea

Forum Plod
Thought I would bump this thread.
I find it pretty useful. Hopefully we have some more empty containers by now?
I am also hoping that someone will put the ones I can't find the info on that i will be looking to sell :)
I guess having a full figure would also help so you can work out how much has gone.
I am looking for empty (or full I guess) figures for Wickhams Super smooth, WSP tin, Faena, Through the fire fine craft, Razorock (glass jar with metal lid (mine is Santa Maria Del Fiore Firenze))

scarface

Forum GOD!
I could help you with a full jar of Santa Maria Del Fiore Firenze and the older style of jars of the Faena Soaps
Please consider that the Faena jar wasn't totally empty, although the containing soap was only maybe 0,5gr...

IMG_20200810_230634.jpg
IMG_20200810_225935.jpg
IMG_20200810_230035.jpg

Let me see what I can do with the WSP tin...

Grarea

Forum Plod
Brilliant thanks.
I wonder if someone cleverer than I could set up an online spreadsheet with this info.
Make it clearer to see?
I reckon empty weight is ideal, but given that most of us have never emptied a pot, full weight is excellent as well.