New Offer Alert up to 50% Off EU Shaving Soaps, Creams & Aftershaves @connaughtshaving.com

Paul

Connaught Shaving
Vendor
30% clearance sale on these EU made cosmetics:
444, Ach. brito Pre Soaps, Lavanda, Epsilon, Figaro, Floid, LEA, Mondial, OMEGA Shaving Soap/Cream & Vitos.
50% off Cella & Proraso (from 18:00, 22nd March)

No coupon required.

New UK regs mean we may not be able to offer EU made items going forward. We may be able to offer some, but this will be subject to arranging a responsible person & registering each formula sold in Great Britain.

Last edited:

J-B-M

Über Member
New UK regs mean we may not be able to offer EU made items going forward.
Nooooooo!!!

That has to be a real kick in the balls. So there is no longer 'regulatory alignment' for UK and European cosmetics as far as the UK government is concerned? That's insane.

Paul

Connaught Shaving
Vendor
Still checking if this is just the responsible person & registration for each formula or if UK testing/certification is also required. Either way some items will have to be dropped due to the extra costs. Many EU made items are imported, no UK agent so we were hoping for equivalents. This is the same for Wickham, P&B etc, they will have to apply for EU approval if they want to continue with EU stockists.

J-B-M

Über Member
Ordered a couple of bits from my 'to buy' list. If I had more space I would be stockpiling Floid!

Last edited:
This sounds like it could have a big impact on your business Paul, out of interest how much advance warning/guidance did the government provide?

From reading various things online there seems to be huge confusion over the rules and frankly it seems like the government haven't done enough to communicate the changes.

I won't say much else because I'm sure people don't want politics to creep in but it seems like things could have been handled better.

By the way, if anyone is interested in Nuavia Blu (an amazing soap) you'll not find it cheaper than with this discount.

Paul

Connaught Shaving
Vendor
Thank you for your orders. I received a letter from Trading Standards today. I thought we would agree equivalents but for the safety info both sides have decided to have their own separate database. I have tried to keep up with the new regs/brexit changes; but I don't think extra notice would have helped much. It will either be worthwhile selling these or not. Trade deals are made with Gillette / Glaxo etc in mind, not the majority of businesses. It will have a big impact, about 50% of our range is EU made & imported cosmetics.

Quique

Forum GOD!
Hi Paul
I can't choose Spain in shipping.

Rather, I can choose but it tells me that it cannot be sent to this location. In previous purchases it let me choose peninsula or islands but now he does not let me

Thanks

Paul

Connaught Shaving
Vendor
I have just tried & it works for me. Unfortunately we cannot send Aftershaves, or Colognes to Spain. If you still can't purchase, please email a screenshot of your basket, I will reply with a PayPal request & send a itemised receipt once paid: info@connaughtshaving.com

Railwaychief

Über Member
Thank you for your orders. I received a letter from Trading Standards today. I thought we would agree equivalents but for the safety info both sides have decided to have their own separate database. I have tried to keep up with the new regs/brexit changes; but I don't think extra notice would have helped much. It will either be worthwhile selling these or not. Trade deals are made with Gillette / Glaxo etc in mind, not the majority of businesses. It will have a big impact, about 50% of our range is EU made & imported cosmetics.
Really poor - 😡

Railwaychief

Über Member
Tried to order from Gifts & Care this week Spain - Epsilon Brushes and some blades, got as far as check out then couldn’t find UK 🇬🇧 in the shipping.

Contacted them to check and they said they were no longer shipping to the UK due to the charges 😡 didn’t say that on the site !

Need to try and find an alternative supplier for Epsilon ...