UK equivalent of the US Dollar razors

Valvewarmer

Hi again all, apologies for yet another question.

On watching many YT razor and shaving vids (mostly American) - the Dollar Shave brand seems to be quite prominently featured,
as a reasonable starter straight razor, without a huge outlay - do we have anything like that in the UK ?

I have my 'vintage' Gong razor which I'm sending to Jamie for honing, but was looking at a back up, or even just to try a new bought one. SR's are all over Ebay, so are there any at all that may be a Dollar Shave equivalent ?

Any info greatly appreciated

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
While I'd love to help, I have no idea what Dollar Shave offers.

That said, I believe I would look for a quality vintage razor... like your Gong. I think you'd be miles ahead in the long run..

Last edited:

Valvewarmer

Hi BlacknTan - yes, I think I'll be ok with the Gong. It's just that I played guitar for years and even though I had guitars I was very happy with, I would occasionally try/buy something knew, I think car enthusiasts are the same too - it's just that 'why not try' mentality transferring to SR's...

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
Hi BlacknTan - yes, I think I'll be ok with the Gong. It's just that I played guitar for years and even though I had guitars I was very happy with, I would occasionally try/buy something knew, I think car enthusiasts are the same too - it's just that 'why not try' mentality transferring to SR's...
Yes, it applies to everything...

Stones, brushes, soaps, fragrances... you name it! :)