UEFA Champions League

pimple8

Forum GOD!
Boring game but often these most important games turn out like this. Too much tactic rigidty, no risks and courage cause there too much at stake.
Still I am very happy for Liverpool, since they haven't managed to snatch the Premier leauge, this is a really good consolation prize.
Becker was terrific, and so was robertson. Others were just average. An early goal made them just defend and keep the score. If it was 0-0 i bet the game would have been more interesting.

Kudos to Tottenham. This is a massive success especially with no buying policy, their great team finally matured and many of the players a re high class. Still, my opinion is Kane shouldn't have stared. He paused for 9 games and simpy noone can be in form after that. On was kept on the wing and couldn't show his stunning form and potential he showed in recent games. Same goes for Moura, who could be more dangerous if it was a different formation.
If they manage to keep the best players and the backbone of the team and bring a few good first teamers I see them very dangerous in the next season.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Thug

Let's talk about 6, Baby.
It wasn't a great game by any stretch of the imagination and I think 4 factors caused that.
- The early goal
- Harry Kane playing instead of Lucas Moura
- Bobby Firmino playing
- 3 week break

You can debate the merits of the penalty till you're blue in the face but Sissoko's arm shouldn't have been up. The Ref gave it, it was VAR'd and the result was that the pressure was off Liverpool after only 2 minutes.

In my opinion, Spurs should have had Moura playing from the 1st minute, he was the man in form and had just scored a hat-trick. Kane wasn't match fit and looked totally lost. The same can be said for Firmino.

The 3 week break between the end of the Premiership and the Final was ridiculous. Teams and players get up a head of steam, they click, they play themselves into form but having that break killed all momentum.

Anyway, you only have to play well enough to beat your opponent, you don't have to play brilliantly all the time.

Well played Spurs, your time will come. You have some excellent players and a fantastic manager.

Last edited:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
It wasn't a great game by any stretch of the imagination and I think 4 factors caused that.
- The early goal
- Harry Kane playing instead of Lucas Moura, and
- Bobby Firmino playing
- 3 week break

You can debate the merits of the penalty till you're blue in the face but Sissoko's arm shouldn't have been up. The Ref gave it, it was VAR'd and the result was that the pressure was off Liverpool after only 2 minutes.

In my opinion, Spurs should have had Moura playing from the 1st minute, he was the man in form and had just scored a hat-trick. Kane wasn't match fit and looked totally lost. The same can be said for Firmino.

The week break between the end of the Premiership and the Final was ridiculous. Teams and players get up a head of steam, they click, they play themselves into form but having that break killed all momentum.

Anyway, you only have to play well enough to beat your opponent, you don't have to play brilliantly all the time.

Well played Spurs, your time will come. You have some excellent players and a fantastic manager.
Summed up well. :)

celestino

Forum GOD!
- The early goal
- Harry Kane playing instead of Lucas Moura
- Bobby Firmino playing
- 3 week break

The 3 week break between the end of the Premiership and the Final was ridiculous. Teams and players get up a head of steam, they click, they play themselves into form but having that break killed all momentum.

+1; one of the worst finals I have seen in a very long time. So much for the excitement all both semi-final games leading up to this one. :)

D

Deleted member 476

Liverpool Champions league back-to-back champions 2019/20. You heard it here first. Start planning the parade.
The joy starts tomorrow against Napoli.

1568666538953.png

D

Deleted member 476

hmm, well LFC European Champions, that didn't quite go off as planned. :eek:

Thug

Let's talk about 6, Baby.
What is the purpose of VAR if it cannot overturn a blatantly incorrect refereeing decision?