Twin Injector Blades - Are they any good.

Sabre

Forum GOD!
How can that possibly be the case with twin injector blades? Please elaborate.
I use an injector as alternative to a trimmer to get rid of seven days worth of growth. I do use the injector exclusively when it's a fresh blade. With the Japanese twins, it clogged on seven day growth. I realise that they probably we're not designed for this. So going forwards I will use an injector dedicated to twin blades.

Dodgy vu

Guru
Hiya,

In my mind not all twins shave the same. Hah, sound familiar? In that previous post of mine you mighta noticed 2 of 3 twins were especially sharp, but not the Personna Twinjector blades. At the time I hadn't tried vintage blades yet and found the Personna to be much better than the Pella or German Schick blades.

Allow me a slight thread derailment and mention finding a bunch of NOS boxes of those Personna blades (72 blades a box) maybe 10 years ago and buying 3-4 of em, only much later selling almost all to Gio Abratte. Yep, I stopped using injectors for many years but that silliness is done with and I have a few in the rotation now.

Martin

Last edited:

Nisse

Old geezer
My take if published timelines I find online are correct: no Schick injector razor was ever designed specifically for the twin blades introduced in 1973 but the adjustable Schick produced between 1965 and 1972 seems to be a good match and a popular choice for these blades on the modern forum scene.

Last edited:

GoReds

Über Member
How can that possibly be the case with twin injector blades? Please elaborate.
I am just sharing my experience. I got an o clone just to try a twin schick blade. The blade does it work, no doubt. However it was full of tiny hair between the blades. I couldn't clean that area. It was so annoying to me. I haven't tried any Proline twin blade yet. So my experience is limited.

I have tried almost all the single blade and the Proline / yellow Schicks are just perfect to me.

This is just my experience.