Twin Injector Blades - Are they any good.

Sabre

Forum GOD!
How can that possibly be the case with twin injector blades? Please elaborate.
I use an injector as alternative to a trimmer to get rid of seven days worth of growth. I do use the injector exclusively when it's a fresh blade. With the Japanese twins, it clogged on seven day growth. I realise that they probably we're not designed for this. So going forwards I will use an injector dedicated to twin blades.

Dodgy vu

Forum GOD!
Hiya,

In my mind not all twins shave the same. Hah, sound familiar? In that previous post of mine you mighta noticed 2 of 3 twins were especially sharp, but not the Personna Twinjector blades. At the time I hadn't tried vintage blades yet and found the Personna to be much better than the Pella or German Schick blades.

Allow me a slight thread derailment and mention finding a bunch of NOS boxes of those Personna blades (72 blades a box) maybe 10 years ago and buying 3-4 of em, only much later selling almost all to Gio Abratte. Yep, I stopped using injectors for many years but that silliness is done with and I have a few in the rotation now.

Martin

Last edited:

Nisse

Old geezer
My take if published timelines I find online are correct: no Schick injector razor was ever designed specifically for the twin blades introduced in 1973 but the adjustable Schick produced between 1965 and 1972 seems to be a good match and a popular choice for these blades on the modern forum scene.

Last edited:

GoReds

Forum GOD!
How can that possibly be the case with twin injector blades? Please elaborate.
I am just sharing my experience. I got an o clone just to try a twin schick blade. The blade does it work, no doubt. However it was full of tiny hair between the blades. I couldn't clean that area. It was so annoying to me. I haven't tried any Proline twin blade yet. So my experience is limited.

I have tried almost all the single blade and the Proline / yellow Schicks are just perfect to me.

This is just my experience.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I am just sharing my experience. I got an o clone just to try a twin schick blade. The blade does it work, no doubt. However it was full of tiny hair between the blades. I couldn't clean that area. It was so annoying to me. I haven't tried any Proline twin blade yet. So my experience is limited.

I have tried almost all the single blade and the Proline / yellow Schicks are just perfect to me.

This is just my experience.
Just looked at my Schick "O" Clone and could see no evidence of hairs between the blades,and think it nigh on impossible due to the way the blade is made. By the way there is no such animal as a Proline Twin Blade.

GoReds

Forum GOD!
I have found peace with my Schick adjustable and a single Proline blade. I am even reducing my collection due to this set up.

D

Deleted member 2936

with these twin injector razors, do you load them the same as a single injector razor just that two come out at a time?

i do have a schick injector razor if i remember correctly off the top of my head that can take twin blades if im not mistaken

Grarea

Forum Plod
Yes. Toy load them in the same way.
They are two blades, but solidly connectee, so inject in the same way.

What razor do you have?
It is worth checking as they don't all take a twin blade.

D

Deleted member 2936

Yes. Toy load them in the same way.
They are two blades, but solidly connectee, so inject in the same way.

What razor do you have?
It is worth checking as they don't all take a twin blade.
yea you actually confirmed it takes two blades lol

D

Deleted member 2936

Lol.
Ah, yes.
Obviously, I remember it well. :)

Well worth a go.
where do you normally source the twin blades from? is it actuallt that much of a closer shave or is it a bit more gimmicky?

sorry askng as i've never tried one mate :)

MPF9

Forum GOD!
where do you normally source the twin blades from? is it actuallt that much of a closer shave or is it a bit more gimmicky?

They are not a gimmick and IMHO work very well in the Razors that take them. However as @Boycie83 has indicated in the link they have to be brought from Japan and the price has rocketed over the years.
Suggest you try your Injector with a single blade if you have not already done so,

Razorman

Forum GOD!
The Japanese Schick injector II blades might be the smoothest blades I have ever used. Yes they are ridiculously expensive, but worth it to some as they don’t seem to get dull after 10 shaves -at least for me. I have tried the vintage Schick injector twins and the Personna Tungsten (P74s) version twins, yet I find the Japanese version the best. I use mine on a Schick adjustable type M razor with excellent results.

Grarea

Forum Plod

I bought a batch a few years ago.
I occasionally treat mysel with them.
I think at the time they were closer to a pound a blade.

Anyway, at the time, my stubble was really tough (turned out to be a health/diet thing). I couldn't shave without it tugging, whether it was feathers or anything. Then when I got these, they shaved without any tugging, it was luxurious.
Now that my stubble is more normal, I still enjoy them. They are smooth.

I have a trouble area that is a swirl on my neck.
So, the stubble grows in all directions in a square cm or two.
The twin just glides through it, when it makes other blades struggle.

But, yes, they are pricey.
I have put another blade in now, I am interested to see how long they last now that mys stubble has softened.
I was only able to use them one and a half shaves before they started tugging before.
But I know I have used them for about six shaves in the in between times.
So, should be interesting.