TV shows you are - or will be - watching.

guy1307

Forum GOD!
Finished season 2 of Cobra Kai, although I found that the flimsy, contrived storytelling made it less enjoyable than the excellent 1st season.
Didn’t even start season 1. I am sceptic about series made after movies. Especially when the movie was made in my youth 😜

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I’ll be watching S1/Ep1 of Van der Valk tonight. This is a 2020 remake of the Van dear Valk crime drama series set in Amsterdam that first aired from 1972 to 1992. I watched the first series right through, so I’ll be interested to see if the new series is as good as the first. I’d like to see them bring back Callan and The Sweeney both of which are from the same era as Van der Valk, but better.

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I just started watching Rectify. A series about a guy who was sentenced to death for killing someone when he was in high school, spent 19 years on death row, and who had his conviction reversed due to the re-evaluation of DNA evidence. I'm only about two or three episodes into it but so far I'm enjoying it.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Looking forward to watching the first episode of Des tonight. I only do catch-up so I'm a day behind.

I agree completely about Designated Survivor, the first two series were the best by far.

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
A little update on my experience watching Rectify. A couple of the episodes that I watched tonight actually brought tears to my eyes. I'm the sort that likes any kind of emotion raised by a show or movie. It shows me that it tugged at something inside me and ellicited a response. To me that's what I'm in it for. I'm a sucker for movies or shows that make me cry. There's a few movies that will make me ball my eyes out every single time I watch them, not matter how many times I've watched them. Dances With Wolves is one as is Field of Dreams. Each one has something that pulls at me and that I can really relate to. So I seek out emotionality in the shows and movies that I watch.