TV shows you are - or will be - watching.

Vacumatic

Testy
I could happily re-watch The Bodyguard, pity it's not on.

Enjoying All Creatures Great and Small, I also enjoyed the original from so long ago, and because there is nothing else recording Dads Army repeats on Gold.

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
Trawled through the BBC "Films" offerings and unfortunately couldn't stop myself watching "The Notebook" to the end. I stayed just for James Garner and Gena Rowlands, who are both actors I enjoy and respect. The plot was pathetically contrived, the ending even more so as in "hey guys, let's make a Romeo and Juliet kind of film...". The depiction of young love was so crudely boring and mechanical as to represent Hollywood at it's most formulaic. No meaningful dialogue, no depth in the characters, nothing of value.

Nothing resembling acting from Rachel McAdams who just squeaked and squawked her way through as if to signal that she was having fun and therefore in love. Oh yes - we know she's "deep" because she is seen painting a picture for 10 seconds and playing 8 bars of a Chopin prelude. Job done. Yeah, right. Ryan Gosling just stares into space to attempt some gravitas and mystery. We know he's deep because he recites 2 lines of Walt Whitman (twice...) that his father taught him. Profound stuff.

At the end I felt robbed, cheated and trivialised. Hollywood really is a cesspit at its worst.

Last edited:

Vacumatic

Testy
Trawled through the BBC "Films" offerings and unfortunately couldn't stop myself watching "The Notebook" to the end. I stayed just for James Garner and Gena Rowlands, who are both actors I enjoy and respect. The plot was pathetically contrived, the ending even more so as in "hey guys, let's make a Romeo and Juliet kind of film...". The depiction of young love was so crudely boring and mechanical as to represent Hollywood at it's most formulaic. No meaningful dialogue, no depth in the characters, nothing of value.

Nothing resemble acting from Rachel McAdams who just squeaked and squawked her way through as if to signal that she was having fun and therefore in love. Oh yes - we know she's "deep" because she is seen painting a picture for 10 seconds and playing 8 bars of a Chopin prelude. Job done. Yeah, right. Ryan Gosling just stares into space to attempt some gravitas and mystery. We know he's deep because he recites 2 lines of Walt Whitman (twice...) that his father taught him. Profound stuff.

At the end I felt robbed, cheated and trivialised. Hollywood really is a cesspit at its worst.

Thanks for your thoughts, I haven't seen this film as yet although it was on the Wishlist, time to think again, I will give it a miss.

Dcw7830

Forum GOD!
Host (film on the shudder app) UK movie created entirely during lockdown. Very impressed by it. Just under an hour long and paced very well.

UKRob

Forum GOD!
I’m currently hooked on The Bureau - available on Amazon but you have to buy it. It’s set in the French secret service, so sub-titled if that makes any difference to you. One annoying part about series like this is that the sub-titles disappear if the characters are speaking English. Because I have profound hearing loss, I only watch programmes that have sub-titles, so I get a bit miffed when they are not there, especially when the characters are speaking in highly inflected English. Anyway, it’s not enough to put me off.

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
Don't know how I missed this first time around, must say what an excellent series it is, finished series 1 started watching series 2 great show.

Comoran Strike.

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Don't know how I missed this first time around, must say what an excellent series it is, finished series 1 started watching series 2 great show.

Comoran Strike.

I watched the first two episodes of series 4 but don’t think I’ll bother with the rest - it gets too cliched, far fetched and I can’t take my eyes off the terrible wig one of the actors wears. I think it‘s meant to br Michael Heseltine but comes across more Michael Fabricant.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
We've finished Cobra Kai. :( They've announced a third season though. :)

I love the way they've taken Johnny's character, especially giving his perspective on what happened in the film.

BartsBalm

Forum GOD!
Just finished The Social Dilemma on Netflix. A fascinating watch on how social media is being used to manipulate our lives and make companies billions of dollars. Pretty depressing, especially if you have kids but compelling viewing nonetheless.

Francorelli

Forum fella
Finished season 2 of Cobra Kai, although I found that the flimsy, contrived storytelling made it less enjoyable than the excellent 1st season.