TSS (The Shaving Solution)

zebra

Nishy, I totally get your point regarding ingredient lists. This, however, would not be an ingredient list. It would be a list to give guys confidence in testing a product they might not want to test otherwise. If the feedback is good and the product makes it to the market there would obviously have to be a genuine list of ingredients.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Nishy, I totally get your point regarding ingredient lists. This, however, would not be an ingredient list. It would be a list to give guys confidence in testing a product they might not want to test otherwise. If the feedback is good and the product makes it to the market there would obviously have to be a genuine list of ingredients.
Fair enough, I see your point of view. It just seems strange to possibly limit your market from the roots, for example, if one ingredient listed, causes sensitivity to an individual, yet is not actually a part of the product, will that person even try it? Also I haven't seen this approach used before. Anyway as the creator stated it isn't necessarily a commercial venture.

At this stage I would strongly suggest that any tester through ATG or otherwise, testing this product is doing so at their own risk.

Gonflage

Thanks for the reply.

If you can compete or overcome Floid Shaving Oil, which is considered to be one of the kings of preshaves, then certainly you have done an excellent job.

But... Where are the ingredients list? I pay a lot of attention to them before I put something on my face.
I had not heard of Floid Shaving Oil or, I confess, even the concept of a pre-shave product. I did a little bit of Googling on the subject after reading your kind comments. Please correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it Floid Shaving Oil is an additional product to be used before using a shaving soap or lotion. If so, this would add to the cost and the whole shaving process. TSS is the only product I use and, for me at least, nothing else is needed by way of preparation apart from warming and wetting the skin.

I have already explained the bar to publishing the ingredients list, vis-à-vis patent applications so I regret that until the application has been processed by the Examiners of The Intellectual Property Office I am unable (as opposed to, unwilling !) to disclose them.

In the meantime anyone wishing to try out the product for themselves must make their own decision about whether to trust the words of a complete stranger. They might also care to consider that I am sending the trial samples at my own expense and thus have nothing to gain financially in so doing.

They would also have to take my word that I have examined my ingredients and have found nothing which is not included in the annexe to the EU REGULATION, (EC) No 1223/2009, relating to cosmetic products and the ingredients thereof.

Thank you again for your interest and suggestions.

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
Fair enough, I see your point of view. It just seems strange to possibly limit your market from the roots, for example, if one ingredient listed, causes sensitivity to an individual, yet is not actually a part of the product, will that person even try it? Also I haven't seen this approach used before. Anyway as the creator stated it isn't necessarily a commercial venture.

At this stage I would strongly suggest that any tester through ATG or otherwise, testing this product is doing so at their own risk.
Would they be doing so at their own risk if they have not signed a waiver to say they are doing any testing at their own risk? :) P.
Edit.....if I was asked to sign a waiver to say I was using a product at my own risk I would not be testing the product. :) P.

Last edited:

Gonflage

It may appear to some that I am being difficult or have something to hide in digging my heels in over ingredients. I suppose that is perfectly valid. However to do so would invalidate the patent application and would hand the whole thing lock, stock and barrel to one of the "heavy" cosmetic manufacturers, leaving us out in the cold.

Apart from being unhappy about presenting an air of falseness, a "camouflaged" list would invalidate an application just as surely as would the honest version.

Having disagreed with your comments I must nevertheless thank you for taking the time to consider TSS and make those comments.

Gonflage

Would they be doing so at their own risk if they have not signed a waiver to say they are doing any testing at their own risk? :) P.
Surely, the mere fact that I am inviting them to test a product, in itself implies a hitherto untested one ? I am inviting any more members who would like to test the product to make themselves known. I equally invite any of those few on my list of proposed testers to withdraw if they are nervous. I want folk to want to try TSS and hopefully later, to want to buy it. Trade only ever take place between willing participants I do not want to upset anyone before I even start.

Boycie83

Veteran
Vegetable Oils (Rapeseed, Palm), Water, Buttermilk (10%), Modified Maize Starch, Salt, Emulsifier - E471 Sunflower Lecithin, Preservative - Potassium Sorbate, Acid - Lactic Acid, Colours - Annatto, Curcumin, Flavouring.

Keep chilled. Suitable for vegetarians.

Gonflage

Vegetable Oils (Rapeseed, Palm), Water, Buttermilk (10%), Modified Maize Starch, Salt, Emulsifier - E471 Sunflower Lecithin, Preservative - Potassium Sorbate, Acid - Lactic Acid, Colours - Annatto, Curcumin, Flavouring.

Well I know it isn't Marmite even if it is suitable for vegetarians.

I sincerely hope that these are not ingredients to which you have an allergy or which would not wish to put on your face. On reflection, I'm not sure I'd want to put turmeric on my face even if a certain head of state clearly uses it on his. There is probably a ban on politics on this forum so I will quite understand if moderators chop this message.

Benz3ne

Legendary Member
Edit.....if I was asked to sign a waiver to say I was using a product at my own risk I would not be testing the product. :) P.
A waiver would not be worth the paper it's written on in this instance. Especially if a waiver is implied. Ultimately, cosmetic samples are required to be CPNP registered and as such the ingredients disclosed in a list in order of % weights.

@Gonflage https://uk.lush.com/ingredients/turmeric-powder-0

I would be inclined to suggest to allow the OP to finalise their ventures with the patent office and completing their cosmetics registrations/safety assessments before agreeing to test samples. As it stands, the product is unfinished (read: not safety assessed, shelf-life tested or registered) and lack of knowledge of ingredients does not help anyone if they were to have any negative reaction (minor or otherwise) if they required medical attention.

Last edited:

Benz3ne

Legendary Member

I prefer the real stuff from the moo-moos, personally.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I had not heard of Floid Shaving Oil or, I confess, even the concept of a pre-shave product. I did a little bit of Googling on the subject after reading your kind comments. Please correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it Floid Shaving Oil is an additional product to be used before using a shaving soap or lotion. If so, this would add to the cost and the whole shaving process. TSS is the only product I use and, for me at least, nothing else is needed by way of preparation apart from warming and wetting the skin.

I have already explained the bar to publishing the ingredients list, vis-à-vis patent applications so I regret that until the application has been processed by the Examiners of The Intellectual Property Office I am unable (as opposed to, unwilling !) to disclose them.

In the meantime anyone wishing to try out the product for themselves must make their own decision about whether to trust the words of a complete stranger. They might also care to consider that I am sending the trial samples at my own expense and thus have nothing to gain financially in so doing.

They would also have to take my word that I have examined my ingredients and have found nothing which is not included in the annexe to the EU REGULATION, (EC) No 1223/2009, relating to cosmetic products and the ingredients thereof.

Thank you again for your interest and suggestions.
I don't understand why you are going through the trouble (and expense!?) to patent something that you have no intention of selling? Sorry, but for me every answer you give makes me more suspicious... Snake oil springs to mind. Again no offense intended...

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member

That sounds great, where do I sign up? :laugh:

Benz3ne

Legendary Member
I don't understand why you are going through the trouble (and expense!?) to patent something that you have no intention of selling? Sorry, but for me every answer you give makes me more suspicious... Snake oil springs to mind. Again no offense intended...
My understanding is that a cosmetic lubricant, of which there are many, wouldn't be patentable unless there was something absolutely novel about it. The only thing I can think of here, to have it patented, would be something along the lines of a new lubricant chemical which would require more costly, time-intensive, rigorous testing before it can reach market, let alone appear in cosmetics.

Gonflage

I wonder what I have said which gives you the impression that I have no intention of selling TSS ? As I thought I had explained early on, my whole purpose in joining this forum was ask for help in making up my mind IF I should sell the product. I'm sorry if I had not made that sufficiently clear.

As I am sure several members here will tell you, the high costs of patenting something comes much later in the process. The initial application costs have not troubled me, so please do not concern yourself on my behalf.

I regret that any of my remarks have given rise to suspicion. If this is universal on this forum I will of course withdraw gracefully.

I was not aware of any usage of the term snake oil which has anything but a perjorative connotation, but if no offence was intended by its use, none will be taken.