Treet carbon blades

p.b

Forum GOD!
I've just bought some black Treet carbon blades. Do I need to treat them differently than stainless ones?

Acer89

James
I have the black carbon Treets. Quite a mild blade but I prefer them in aggressive razors. They tend to lose their edge quickly so I dump them after three uses. Still good value for money though.

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !
They're my everyday blade in my Wardonia and open combs.. I'm a one and done shaver, so they are fine for me, but I don't find they hold an edge beyond two shaves.

SeanC

Forum GOD!
They can rust quite quickly if left damp. I leave mine in the razor and after washing leave the whole rig on top of the fridge where it's dry and warm.

I've also seen washing the blade with alcohol after use suggested too.

matteob

I like them but I have a vaporizor of 99% ethyl alcohol and spray that on the blade after use. They are only good for about three shaves but that stops the rust and staining.

p.b

Forum GOD!
I'm not going to push the blade past two shaves and I took it out to dry after the first one. I really don't want it staining my pretty razors. Nice shave though.

matteob

You should be fine just get a 99.9 ethyl alcohol spray from ebay for two quid to displace the water and protect the blade. I just loaded one up today although in a plastic razor (Dorco: nice little razor) and it gave a great shave. I prefer these black beauties to the Treet Platinums. There will always be room in my den for them.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Yesterday's shave wasn't that close and I did get some irritation so these Treets will be used just the once, that'll ensure they don't rust either

Minniegoon

Veteran
Just gave one a try in my Progress, the shave was perfectly acceptable no weepers or irritation, not the closest I've had, it did feel tuggy and a bit unpleasant compared to my favourite blade choices. I could definitely feel the edge going off by the third pass. On the plus side these are so cheap you can bin it after one shave.

Grarea

Forum Plod
I prefer the other Treet carbon blade, the Durasharp.
Well, in the one razor that I have tried them in anyway.

D

Deleted member 1881

The black blade from Treet, make really loud noise when is been put in an aggressive razor. But for me it's just another blade. I won't stock it.