Transparent TNNSER 3D group buy

twhite

Speling Bea Champyun
Andreas

Thank you for all of the help on this project. Also for getting the clear group buy going.

I hope all of you enjoy the TNNSER as much as I do. I was not sure that 3D printing was going to work on this design. As it has very tight tolerances to hold the blade.

It is also neat in my opinion that there is an inexpensive way to get a good modern razor for those who do not have the expendable income for the fancy modern razors.

Tom

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Andreas

Thank you for all of the help on this project. Also for getting the clear group buy going.

I hope all of you enjoy the TNNSER as much as I do. I was not sure that 3D printing was going to work on this design. As it has very tight tolerances to hold the blade.

It is also neat in my opinion that there is an inexpensive way to get a good modern razor for those who do not have the expendable income for the fancy modern razors.

Tom
Thanks, Tom,

It was an absolute pleasure working with you on this one. We need to do this again.

On another note: The payments from all ATG members on the list came in within a little over two hours.
You guys are amazing!! :bravo:

Last edited:

twhite

Speling Bea Champyun
Thanks, Tom,

It was an absolute pleasure working with you on this one. We need to do this again.

On another note: The payments from all ATG members on the list came in a little over two hours.
You guys are amazing!! :bravo:
There is always the hybrid TNNSER/Igor. I have the second prototype done. Need to make a couple of more for a pass around to find out what needs to be changed from the feedback I get.
24FA0192-5057-45CD-BFDE-6CC96B363EE4.jpeg
ACC1045D-C4C5-4212-BBA3-666B7B604C8F.jpeg
ACC1045D-C4C5-4212-BBA3-666B7B604C8F.jpeg

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun

twhite

Speling Bea Champyun
That is a great question. I don’t think the lever/cam will be strong enough in plastic. That will need to be made from some sort of metal. All other components will be fine in ABS.

I tend to keep my designs simplistic for ease of machining.

I just need a few slow days at work to knock 2 more prototypes out.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
That is a great question. I don’t think the lever/cam will be strong enough in plastic. That will need to be made from some sort of metal. All other components will be fine in ABS.

I tend to keep my designs simplistic for ease of machining.

I just need a few slow days at work to knock 2 more prototypes out.
What about resin though?
I do like a bit of resin :) And I'm not fond of ABS.
Let's take that offline at TOST.

AlphaShaving

Alpha Shaving Works Owner
Vendor
As everyone seems to be raving about the TNNSER 3D and I've had quite a few requests for my transparent version, I contacted my 3D printing guys for a quote.
Printing in resin is quite a bit more expensive than ABS or PLA plastics, but the advantages are a much better finish and the availability of transparent material.
I have a good quote from a company I have dealt with before.
The total cost for the razor, nut, bolt and packaging but without postage will be £34. That's roughly €39 or $44.
Postage would be an additional £4 for the UK, £9.25 (€10.70) for Europe or £5.50 ($7.00) for the US (I can send all US orders in one go to Jayaruh who can distribute them in the US - hence the lowish cost - assuming there are enough orders from the US).
The costs may not be final and might vary slightly depending on numbers and exchange rate, but not by much. I assume they won't change.

The print run will be a minimum of 10, maximum of 25 razors. More than that and the total upfront cost is getting uncomfortable for me and the total time required for printing will be too long. My printers can handle just over 3 razors per day.
One razor each, unless demand is low.

The razors will be post-finished by me to make sure the heads fit properly. They will come fully assembled as well.

The total printed, finished, assembled, packaged, shipped and tracked cost should be:
UK: £38
US: £39.50
EU: £43.25
Rest of world: Ask

Anyone not from the UK, please say so, so I can keep track of postage.

I'll run this group-buy on TOST and ATG.
Payments will probably be through a PayPal Money Pool before I actually have to pay for the order.
I will not make any money from this. This is what it costs.

What is TOST?

Rasatura Bagnata

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
Had my first shave this morning.....excellent. Just a word of caution. The TNNSER 3d is precision printed. Each razor has been finished by Andreas and blade fitment has been checked. I believe this is the first time the razor has been completed in resin. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the razor.....the cap moves from the rear toward the blade edge to open. There are 2 lugs to guide/hold the blade in place. When replacing the cap you should not need much pressure to slide it into home position. If you persist some damage may result.