Top 5 soaps

D

Deleted member 1881

@isendono is right.

@phoenixandbeau Kerry can confirm my writings if he wants to.

If you have the soap with the transparent plastic bowl then you have the old batch. If it is all black then it is the new one. The formula is pretty much the same but the cure period is about 4 weeks. If you check on their website you will see it.

After 2016, Kerry decided to extend the cure period of his soaps.

Either way his soaps are excellent for me.

Edit: wow excuse me for a second, just checked the ingredients of my Sanskrit old batch with the new batch. I confirm that they are different. The new batch is clearly upgraded and see for yourself that the new ingredient list is excellent. More ingredients, better skin properties. Now I must get a new one. Damn me, I need one more soap from Kerry, definitely!

Last edited by a moderator:

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
@isendono is right.

If you have the soap with the transparent plastic bowl then you have the old batch. If it is all black then it is the new one. The formula is pretty much the same but the cure period is about 4 weeks. If you check on their website you will see it.

Edit: wow excuse me for a second, just checked the ingredients of my Sanskrit old batch with the new batch. I confirm that they are different. The new batch is clearly upgraded and see for yourself that the new ingredient list is excellent. More ingredients, better skin properties. Now I must get a new one. Damn me, I need one more soap from Kerry, definitely!
Thanks for clarifying this, I have got Coda but haven't used P&B since the first release of Baskerville and I'd noticed a difference in the soap and a slight difference in performance. I did initially put it down to the longer curing time.

alwinvrm

Guru
@isendono is right.

Yeah, thanks for putting me into trouble :); I like P&B and even bought some soaps double and now I have to get them again, because of the new formula.
Well good to know, thanks.

D

Deleted member 1881

Some have mentioned that the new batches are light to medium strength scent. I don't agree and I strongly believe that the performance also is slightly better than the old batch.

So If @DamianJ agrees on better performance too, then maybe what I'm saying is true.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Some have mentioned that the new batches are light to medium strength scent. I don't agree and I strongly believe that the performance also is slightly better than the old batch.

So If @DamianJ agrees on better performance too, then maybe what I'm saying is true.
As it's been a while since I finished the other, I'm not sure if better performance, just that the post shave of coda seemed slightly less than I remembered from Baskerville.

Lathering the newer coda didn't have that stringy chewing gum type phase when loading that the old Baskerville did so I just put it down to curing time.

D

Deleted member 1881

As it's been a while since I finished the other, I'm not sure if better performance, just that the post shave of coda seemed slightly less than I remembered from Baskerville.

Lathering the newer coda didn't have that stringy chewing gum type phase when loading that the old Baskerville did so I just put it down to curing time.

That chewing gum phase definitely exists in the older batches.

alwinvrm

Guru
That chewing gum phase definitely exists in the older batches.
Sorry gents, I am not fully in the clear; Coda is the newer soap, so post shave of the newer batch is not as good, or am I generalizing unjustifiably? While overall performance is better? Sorry, I am not trying to squeeze out a statement, just making sure I understood correctly and of course it is a YMMV thing. I would say P&B would only change formula and curing time of it would lead to overall improvements.?

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Sorry gents, I am not fully in the clear; Coda is the newer soap, so post shave of the newer batch is not as good, or am I generalizing unjustifiably? While overall performance is better? Sorry, I am not trying to squeeze out a statement, just making sure I understood correctly and of course it is a YMMV thing. I would say P&B would only change formula and curing time of it would lead to overall improvements.?
Yes Coda is the newer soap out of the 2 I've had. I find the lathering better with the coda as the sticky chewing gum type phase isn't there. I remember the post shave of the Baskerville was slightly better, but its been a while since I completed that one so can't compare back to back and may be remembering inaccurately. Sorry for any confusion. The P&B soaps are great performers, regardless of which length of curing time you have.