Pass Around Tom's 3D printed Wabbit injector razor

twhite

Speling Bea Champyun
Ok my 3rd shave with the v3 tonight and it was with a Schick Proline loaded on board.

Know I love how efficient without being mild this razor is. I don't just like but I put it up there with my Colonial General V1 in smoothness and efficiency. And the super top kicker to make it even better is that the blades are more narrow so I could do some showboating with my clean up pass with J-Hooks both down and round and inverted round and down. Man I love this thing.
My worry here is that if this head is meant to be identical to the v1 and v2 apart from the angle its mounted (from what I believe I read earlier) it should bite when at certain pitch/angle, and i've tried pivoting into and away to my face to see if I get a bite like the v1 and v2 and nada. I get audio and I do feel the blade but its smooth. So either there is filament build up and over hang thats reduced blade gap on the v3 making it tamer or the v1 and v2 were finished off too harshly opening up the blade gap I don't know but they feel miles part. I've tried playing with all three and its not just the angle of the head IMO thats making the v3 work for me. @twhite and @sɐǝɹpu∀ what do you think gents could I be right or does the V3 have less blade gap by design?
View attachment 79254
I never thought about it. It very well could come down to how the razor is printed. It could very well be making slight changes to how each shaves. You face does not lie.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I never thought about it. It very well could come down to how the razor is printed. It could very well be making slight changes to how each shaves. You face does not lie.
Has anyone who's tried the pass around v3 have their own yet? would be good to get your feedback on if they shaved the same.

twhite

Speling Bea Champyun
I have one. I prefer it to the others. Mainly handle geometry. The blade feel is pretty much the same. I have another V3 made in PETG. I friend of mine just bought a printer. He may be my printing guy from now on. I need to see the quality.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I have one. I prefer it to the others. Mainly handle geometry. The blade feel is pretty much the same. I have another V3 made in PETG. I friend of mine just bought a printer. He may be my printing guy from now on. I need to see the quality.
But am I correct in saying the blade exposure, and gap are the same on all 3 versions and its only the head thats been rotated to a different angel? Or has blade gap been altered or blade pitch in the head itself?

Last edited:

godek

I gave my V2 a go today with a Personna blade.

Three pass shave for face and head.

I have ether been using shavettes too much in the past weeks or this thing is really aggressive.

Got a really close shave, but noticed lots of tiny blood sources after the third pass.

Aftershave was not a pleasant experience.

I really liked the handle and the blade angle on the V2.

Perhaps I'll try to get more top caps in other dimensions made to try out a V2 with a little less exposure.

Or my next shave will be better because I remember how to do it better.

br
godek

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
I gave my V2 a go today with a Personna blade.

Three pass shave for face and head.

I have ether been using shavettes too much in the past weeks or this thing is really aggressive.

Got a really close shave, but noticed lots of tiny blood sources after the third pass.

Aftershave was not a pleasant experience.

I really liked the handle and the blade angle on the V2.

Perhaps I'll try to get more top caps in other dimensions made to try out a V2 with a little less exposure.

Or my next shave will be better because I remember how to do it better.

br
godek
Did anyone have anything good to say about the Wabbit / Personna blade combination yet?

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Did anyone have anything good to say about the Wabbit / Personna blade combination yet?
I liked the shave with v3 with all blades i've tried so far. I tried the Persona, Schink, NOS dutch Schinks and my favourite the Proline. I've not tried them in the v1 and v2. My overall experience with the persona blades is they are touch and go. I've had a brand new batch that had 5 dull rubbish blades near in a row. I think they suffer from bad quality control

godek

Second shave yesterday with the Personna in the V2 was even worse.
Giving the face a rest today.

I'm really unsure about my next action. Try this blade in the Supply provision to root out a dud? Try it in the V3? Throw the blade away and try a Chick?

Any suggestions?

br
godek

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Second shave yesterday with the Personna in the V2 was even worse.
Giving the face a rest today.

I'm really unsure about my next action. Try this blade in the Supply provision to root out a dud? Try it in the V3? Throw the blade away and try a Chick?

Any suggestions?

br
godek
Try a Schick.
Dud or not - the Wabbit is a discerning little razor and does not like the common Personna blade.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Ok so i've got a v3 ordered and will be with me in a couple of days so i've got 3 days growth and will give the v2 another go in the morning.

godek

Two shaves in with a V2 and vintage Schick Platinum Plus I can attest that the Wabbit is much more testing for a blade than other injector razors. The Personna's do work fine in vintage Schick and the Supply provision, but not in the Wabbit.
Even with the vintage Schick the V2 is much more aggressive or prone to mishandling than any other injector I have tried so far.
But I really like the look and feel of the handle.

br
godek