Pass Around Tom's 3D printed Wabbit injector razor

Electrif

SE la vie
Friday 31st July
Wabbit V1
Personna SSC #2

Another excellent shave, the result of which I found virtually no difference to the shave compared with V2. They are both very light weight. V2 weighing in at 15.0g and V1 slightly lighter at 14.2g. Perhaps printing differences. I did find the handle of V1 to be more buoyant.
A change of blade for the next 2 shaves, so I'll be using a Schick 'Chick'. Also I'll continue to use OSP soaps throughout.
See you in a couple of days.

twhite

Speling Bea Champyun
Two possible reasons:
The V2 is made from PLA, which is heavier than for example ABS.
I have no idea what the V1 is made from. @twhite should know.
The V2 has an infill of 70%. Again, only Tom knows what that is for the V1.
Material is all I can think of. V1 is ABS.

Electrif

SE la vie
Ok, neck on the line time. I have committed a misdemeanor. This list of events will explain.
  1. When I removed the Personna blade after my shave with the v1, the magnet came away from the cap with the blade.
  2. I thought not a problem, I can re-stick it back.
  3. Unfortunately the magnet fell into the shagpile carpet.
  4. Not a problem, I thought, I'll get a metal baking tray and pass it over the carpet and the magnet will jump up to it…... It didn't.
  5. Ok, so I'll just use it without the magnet. But, in my view the cap wasn't tight enough to hold the blade tightly enough.
So that's the reason for the change of plan.
I did admit my misdemeanor to Andreas and asked if Tom had sent him any spare magnets. Yes he did, but Andreas can't get one to me in time for my remaining passaround use.

twhite

Speling Bea Champyun
Ok, neck on the line time. I have committed a misdemeanor. This list of events will explain.
  1. When I removed the Personna blade after my shave with the v1, the magnet came away from the cap with the blade.
  4. Not a problem, I thought, I'll get a metal baking tray and pass it over the carpet and the magnet will jump up to it…... It didn't.
  5. Ok, so I'll just use it without the magnet. But, in my view the cap wasn't tight enough to hold the blade tightly enough.
I did admit my misdemeanor to Andreas and asked if Tom had sent him any spare magnets. Yes he did, but Andreas can't get one to me in time for my remaining passaround use.
If you find the magnet. Crazy glue it back in. I know this sucks but that tells me I need a better bonding agent.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
The magnet on the V2 is powerful and I found it quite hard to remove a blade , so be careful.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Are you sure the baking tray is not made from aluminium? Any cast iron cookware around? Any pots or pans suitable for induction hobs will do.
I do have spare magnets, but they are in storage in a moving box in London, while I'll be in Brighton for at least another week or until the car is fixed.
The original plan was to do the pass around with the V2 only.

Electrif

SE la vie
If you find the magnet. Crazy glue it back in. I know this sucks but that tells me I need a better bonding agent.
It's the proverbial needle in the haystack.
However it shows it's unlikely the razor will work long time without magnets.