Pass Around Tom's 3D printed Wabbit injector razor

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I don't think the round ones seem as strong, and with then being in a smaller crevice if there is print leaves print rubble in the gap its harder to clean out than the rectangle from what I can tell. And i'd like to use all 3 magnets cos i'm paranoid lol

Last edited:

SlimGem

Legendary Member
It's settled. The name will be The Caerbannog Razor.
The handle will be an homage to a classic razor for injector blades.
(Thanks, @The Geordie Shaver for your generous help).
I'll have the final files for the head next week, then I'll get one printed.

Artist's impression:

An animation too large to be included in this post:

https://razors.click/storagebox/shaving/Caerbannog/movie03.gif
Very interesting design for an injector head. I have a few razor designs of my own and I find the 3d printed injector the easiest to use. Keep up the great work.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Ok i've ordered the ones off ebay ap well. @sɐǝɹpu∀ would you wind doing a Caerbannog with the classic injector style handle and a top cap as well pretty please :D
Unlikely. I don't have the Wabbit head-only files.
I'll hopefully get the Caerbannog head files next week and then do three prototype razors based on that.
That's kind of enough unpaid work for the time being. :p:
On top of that, I'm not too keen on the Wabbit head with the cap myself.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Very interesting design for an injector head. I have a few razor designs of my own and I find the 3d printed injector the easiest to use. Keep up the great work.
Thank you. The design of the head is not by me, but by @twhite, based on the head of the Wabbit and a mad idea by myself.
Next up are two variations to turn it into a slant.
Why don't you start a thread introducing your designs?
You know what... I'll start a thread for the general discussion of 3D printed shaving related items.
This stuff always ends up scattered all over the place. Like in this thread in the lending pool where it will be lost...

SlimGem

Legendary Member
Thank you. The design of the head is not by me, but by @twhite, based on the head of the Wabbit and a mad idea by myself.
Next up are two variations to turn it into a slant.
Why don't you start a thread introducing your designs?
You know what... I'll start a thread for the general discussion of 3D printed shaving related items.
This stuff always ends up scattered all over the place. Like in this thread in the lending pool where it will be lost...
Awesome idea! You start a thread, and I will post.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Awesome idea! You start a thread, and I will post.
I'm on it...
Here we go:

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Unlikely. I don't have the Wabbit head-only files.
I'll hopefully get the Caerbannog head files next week and then do three prototype razors based on that.
That's kind of enough unpaid work for the time being. :p:
On top of that, I'm not too keen on the Wabbit head with the cap myself.
So once you get the Wabbit head only filers you still wont doing a Caerbannog with top cap? I don't mean the pivoting slant version. A really cool idea would be a top cap with the posts from below coming through the top cap like the gillette goodwill's.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
PXL_20201024_211631319.jpg

Today's set up. The V3 with a NOS Schick. The brush is a resin 3D printed Alpha Bulldog I had printed by the same company who printed the TNSSER in the group buy @sɐǝɹpu∀ organised. Its loader with a SHD 2band fan.

Ok second shave with the V3 and I like it......i'll even go as far ap to say I really really like it.
Others might think i'm weird but I've enjoyed how light weight it is, even more than any injector i've ever used. The handle is lovely in how tactile and ergonomic it is. And the angle of the blade is spot on when shaving my lip or getting the line in my sideburns. I initially on looks alone thought the v1 and v2 would have had the better head angel for me however the v3 has hit the nail on the head. The V1 and V2 are just too aggressive for me, or my technique makes then feel and act too aggressive. I won't try the v1 and v2 again not enjoyed even half a pass.

@twhite @sɐǝɹpu∀ i've got 2 tiny design requests to make it even better. Hope one of you could add these to the final version.

1. Could the top cap have a marker on the front to show which way round it fits. Not a problem when no blade is fitted. However I had a couple moments working out if i'd fitted the blade facing the right way. If the front edge of the top cap had a dot, bump or line in the middle. it would be such a help.

2. Could the top cap have little channels either side to help when removing the blade from the top cap. I know there were some added to the v2 to help remove the blade and cap assembly from handle. I feel having the same on the top cap will make blade removal easier and safer.

Last edited: