TOBS Victorian Lime Collection 74

Dr Watson

James
TOBS used to sell both aftershave and Cologne in the No.74 range but consolidated them into a single "fragrance", one size fits all... Stronger than aftershave but weaker than Cologne.

It's okay but hugely overpriced in my opinion.

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
TOBS used to sell both aftershave and Cologne in the No.74 range but consolidated them into a single "fragrance", one size fits all... Stronger than aftershave but weaker than Cologne.

It's okay but hugely overpriced in my opinion.
Thanks James. As it happens it came with a wonky lid so in true fashion I rang them for a moan on behalf of the wife. No quibble, new bottle coming Monday, keep the one we have. Makes it a tad cheaper. :wink: No idea what is smells like as have been racked with cold since Xmas eve. Wife says it is nice though.

Dr Watson

James
Two for the price of one makes it much better value :)

Always good service from TOBS, they replaced a bottle for me which leaked and lost lost 1/3 of its contents due to a faulty screw cap.

Dr Watson

James
I've not been ill for 4 years, since I began taking cold showers actually... It seems to boost the immune system or something.

Dr Watson

James
Great lime with bitter lime skin to my nose, unfortunately longevity is weak.
No.74 Original has the same problem... Such a pity, though I suppose they were from a time of fleeting scents. It's difficult to think of any Edwardian era frags with good longevity.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
No.74 Original has the same problem... Such a pity, though I suppose they were from a time of fleeting scents. It's difficult to think of any Edwardian era frags with good longevity.
Yep gorgeous scent too. I find the longest lasting are Mr.Taylors (which is pure class), Eton College and Jermyn Street (alcohol free). The above all being the older cologne formulations.

Dr Watson

James
Yep gorgeous scent too. I find the longest lasting are Mr.Taylors (which is pure class), Eton College and Jermyn Street (alcohol free). The above all being the older cologne formulations.
Thought you might find this interesting Nishy, as we were discussing the quality of Thomas' scent compositions last year sometime. I wonder if they'll release any new products to compete with the current 3T's ? :)

Untitled.png

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Thought you might find this interesting Nishy, as we were discussing the quality of Thomas' scent compositions last year sometime. I wonder if they'll release any new products to compete with the current 3T's ? :)

View attachment 41771
Sounds promising, I really need to get down to Jermyn Street soon and have a gander