TOBS shaving creams

Gairdner

Forum DOG!
My first ever TOBS cream was Rose and being a gardener and knowing that old Rose scent intimately, my opinion was that they got the scent bang on. That was nine years ago.

Since then I’ve sampled coconut which I bought for my then, now ex-wife. Little coconut scent.

Mr Taylor’s used to be my all-time absolute fragrance but it’s changed. I first noticed this when I got a tub of the cream circa 2014 but the stuff was overly firm like it had sat too long and lost moisture. I used it up and put the change in scent down to the condition of the cream.

Fast forward a little and I procured myself a bottle of the cologne having finished one earlier on. Different and just like that cream. It wasn’t a bad scent but boy, it didn’t have the same depth, warmth or complexity. I was quite upset to be honest but as usual I didn’t do anything about it. Not bought any since but this thread has acted as a reminder.

Has anyone else’s noticed a change in the scent of Mr Taylor’s in any of said line of products? Feedback would be most welcome from long time users.

As to the creams’ performance, I remember the three I tried being good but not as a good as a £1.75 tube of Ingram. Ingram was slicker and left an oiler finish to my skin which hydrated it somewhat. Scent of the
rose was fabulous though. I’d still be tempted to buy more as their service was always extremely good. Free samples, handwritten notes, information about products not displayed for sale on the website, etc. They were always so courteous and helpful.

Now, I NEED to know about the scent of Mr Taylor’s. It was my signature scent….😢😭

Last edited:

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I am done withTobs shaving creams. I have tried and tried but the cream feels thin…like a shaving foam. Post shave feel is bad..irritated and raw. Ymmv as always..
YMMV, truly is the case. I’ve used TOBS creams for about 25 years and found them to be very good. My usual,ones are Eton College, Rose, Lavender and Avocado.

tryphon

Über Member
I am done withTobs shaving creams. I have tried and tried but the cream feels thin…like a shaving foam. Post shave feel is bad..irritated and raw. Ymmv as always..
Have you tried Nancy Boy's signature cream? It's been a favorite of mine for years.

chris.hale

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Have you tried Nancy Boy's signature cream? It's been a favorite of mine for years.
I've always wanted to try that one, the scent contains mint and lavender (two of my favourites) and it gets nothing but good reviews. Unfortunately it's only available direct from Nancy Boy and they don't do international shipping. I know there are services for that but TBH if they're going to make it awkward to buy from them I don't want to jump though a bunch of hoops.