TOBS shaving creams

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Have TOBS reformulated their shaving cream? I’ve used TOBS shaving cream for as long as I can remember. Until recently I was unadventurous with the cream I used, sticking to Rose, Lavender and Avocado. Recently, however, I decided to venture further afield and bought tubs of Lemon & Lime, Cedarwood and Jermyn Street sensitive skin. The L & L performed as I expect a TOBS cream to, but the Cedarwood and the Jermyn St didn’t. I’ve always found TOBS creams to be cushioning and slick with good residual slickness., but neither the Cedarwood nor the Jermyn St exhibited these characteristics. The Cedarwood is acceptable, but the Jermyn St just doesn’t do it particularly its lack of residual slickness and overall cushioning. Since this cream is supposed to be formulated for sensitive skin, I would have thought that it would excel in both these areas.

bambrit

Forum GOD!
Only TOBS I ever use (on 3rd tub-to-date) is Mr. Taylor. The one I have landed here 1 year ago and performs just like the earlier creations. My only complaint is it only weighed 127g when it arrived (tub weight included, minus lid). Where the rest of the supposed 150g TW of soap went, while crossing the pond is a life mystery.

Last edited:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
My tubs are purchased almost 10 years ago. Jermyn Street is less viscous than the rest, with Mr. Taylors and Avocado being the most IMO. I also end up with irritation from JS and LL which is annoying. Incidentally the JS a/s contains 0% alcohol so is extremely oily.

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
I recently purchased their "Royal Forest" cream and I find it a little more firm, than Jermyn street. Here is a few photos of the ingredients of for you to figure it out.

Jermyn Street

Royal Forest

The RF is a beautiful big fragrance, love it

Hectorsgaf

Brobdingnagian member
RF is excellent.
I have the lemon and lime but it is not a 'go to'. Likewise with the peppermint.

To repeat though , the Royal Forest is very nice for me.

MntnMan62

Legendary Member
I have quite a few TOBS creams. I find they all perform similarly however I found my tub of Lemon & Lime to be an under performer. And I’m not crazy about the scent. My favorites are Sandalwood, Mr. Taylor’s, Eton College, Grapefruit and Almond. I’ll always have those in my den. And now I’m curious about Royal Forest.

Last edited:

Hectorsgaf

Brobdingnagian member
I have quite a few TOBS creams. I find they all perform similarly however I found my tub of Lemon & Lime to be an under performer. And I’m not crazy about the scent. My favorites are Sandalwood, Mr. Taylor’s, Eton College, Grapefruit and Almond. I’ll always have those in my den. And now I’m curious about Royal Forest.
Royal Forest is a very good Aventus 'clone'.

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I've not used any newer ones as still have a good few tubs in my stash. I'd be horrified if the newer stuff didn't work as good 😭