Throwing soaps out before they're finished

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Having just finished another soap and making sure it was totally used I wondered if people ever throw soaps that are nearly finished just to get rid of them?

I'm not meaning the ones you don't like but just whether you think... That's it, near enough done and then get rid.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Having just finished another soap and making sure it was totally used I wondered if people ever throw soaps that are nearly finished just to get rid of them?

I'm not meaning the ones you don't like but just whether you think... That's it, near enough done and then get rid.
I've only ever thrown away soap or cream thats not all been finished as its gone rancid or split.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Never. It would spoil the triumph of finishing one off properly for me.
There's 2 stages in finishing a soap that I like. The first is when you first break through to the bottom of the container, the second when it's completely finished.

Reactions: p.b

TobyC

Patriot
Ive read folks that have a cup for just that reason. Scrape out the left overs and put in a cup. After a few diffefent soaps added you got a frankinsoap so to speak.
I've done this, even added some samples to the mix. I've also just put a new soap on top of what's left of another. But I prefer to use completely and then wash the soap bowl/container/thing.

Gasman

Forum GOD!
I do like to keep containers. Display or reuse. I havent finished many. 5 or 6. But when i get to the scaps left then they go into sample containers and used in a bowl. I dont toss much of anything. Wife calls me frugal. I just sat im a cheap bast.....!

Tomhstorey

Forum GOD!
When I first see the donut I squidge it down and even it all out. Once there’s only a thin ring around the outside I take it out of tub and pop it in a bowl or scuttle and use til it’s gone. Artisan soaps are too good to throw away usable remains!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 30

I have done this in the past just to make room for new soaps
I have one more A&E and another Sterling to buy then it’s time to finish something. I’m picking a soap and finishing the bloody thing.
I've been doing this, it's a great show of discipline and makes you feel proud when you come to the end of that tub. I always do this involuntary air punching dance too, just can't help it.

tenor.gif