Three shaves in with the mighty PILS

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Thanks guys.

@Nishy, I can confirm that water does indeed get inside the head. Your experience would however suggest that this is not a problem.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Just been re-reading reviews Chris and can't seem to find anything to support my original statement, so probably mis-read what I first noted. Will have to be more stringent when drying my razor. No issues thus far but would hate for rust to develop.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I got a couple of rust spots inside the head of my Tradere, a bit of toothpaste cleaned it right off.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Was it easy dismantling and reconstructing the PILS?
Poor choice of words on my part, I just removed the cap and blade.

I have however seen a modification whereby the handle is removed enabling it to be a three-piece. The screw holding the handle on is thread-locked in place but heat should take care of that. The only other thing is that the handle you want to use needs to have the end turned down in order to fit inside the PILS base plate, I did see a guy on Etsy selling modified iKon handles but they were out of stock.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I thought I’d re-visit this thread, as with most of us shiny things come and go and today’s treasure may be cast aside when a newer and shiner thing appears. Since I started this thread I’ve sold a Wolfman and a Timeless, both of which were treasured razors. What was the fate of the PILS?

It’s still king of the hill. The Wolfman Guerrilla was a big hit with me and is another razor I’m going to keep but the PILS is nothing short of magnificent, nothing else shaves with the same level of comfort and efficiency and it’s the only razor where I enjoy using it so much I’m sad when I run out of stubble.

If I were to lose it I’d buy another with no hesitation, it’s that good. PILS I love you, long may you grace my bathroom. :)

Celar36

Forum GOD!
I must agree. No difference to tackle 4 days growth or my min of 48h due my skin sensetivness.

I tried 60 plus razor and this in my no.1. Quality and built is extraordinary and is lovely to look at.

I bought first gen one looking like brand new for 130 pounds and it was deal!

Only razor I incline to try is Tatara. I sold almost everything because of this razor! Kept my feather and Gillette NEW only

What is your favourite blade combo with PIlLS?

PILS club member for live!

MPH

Forum GOD!
Wooooooooooo. Go PILS!!!!! :cheers::D

After going on a little DE journey I sold all but two DE razors. The PILs and the AS-D2. Cracking razor, it's so well made.

...... And to think that you can ACTUALLY just buy one if you want to..... seriously....You can't just log on and buy one. No waiting lists, no back handers, no hopping on one foot at midnight when Uranus is in line with Jupiter, no over priced second hand ones. .... How weird is that.

Last edited:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Wooooooooooo. Go PILS!!!!! :cheers::D

After going on a little DE journey I sold all but two DE razors. The PILs and the AS-D2. Cracking razor, it's so well made.

...... And to think that you can ACTUALLY just buy one if you want to..... seriously....You can't just log on and buy one. No waiting lists, no back handers, no hopping on one foot at midnight when Uranus is in line with Jupiter, no over priced second hand ones. .... How weird is that.
no hopping on one foot at midnight when Uranus is in line with Jupiter

What a line :)

The PILS is the Lion of my den

Reactions: MPH

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
What is your favourite blade combo with PIlLS?
Personna med prep / lab blue. I use those in everything.

I like the look of the Tatara apart from the handle, and you can't change it. The other thing is that nothing I've tried shaves better than the PILS. Once the stubble's gone it's gone, you can't make it any more gone, so nothing's going to get closer and as it's totally irritation-free nothing's going to be more comfortable. The Guerrilla gets close and has the advantage that you can change handles, but other than the odd guest spot it's been PILS or Guerrilla for me since last May.

Plus as previously mentioned you can actually buy a PILS, and second hand ones are cheaper. I do consider buying a spare but it's not like the one I have is going to wear out.

Thor's hammer wins! The end. It's a wonderful shaver and I like it because it's also the only European made stainless steel razor in my den.
Looks really great as well.
It was in my shave of the day funnily enough!

Last edited:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Polsilver is my choice of blade in the PILS. Shark stainless also works well. I did try GSB and Astra SP blades but the glue spots became annoying and tend to leave stubborn reside on the inside of the top cap.

watchiekong

Forum GOD!
Polsilver is my choice of blade in the PILS. Shark stainless also works well. I did try GSB and Astra SP blades but the glue spots became annoying and tend to leave stubborn reside on the inside of the top cap.
I use Polsilvers and Voskhods in mine. I agree with Nishy those glue spots are annoying.