The Rant Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Idiot drivers on country B roads ! Mrs Saint driving along around 40, about right for road and considering a bend coming up. Out of nowhere in the opposite direction and at speed comes a car, drivers side wheels over centre line. If Mrs Saint hadn‘t moved left in to a hedge I wouldn’t be typing this now. Luckily we escaped an accident, but fine scratch marks front to back down passenger side. Other car just carried on with no damage and not a care. Dash cam footage shows wheel over the line on our side of the road. But, can’t read the reg as he was going too fast, no driver description again too fast, can’t even make out the car. So useless. Should buff out. Bloody idiots though driving like nutters and out of control !!

sev-8

Forum GOD!
True...maybe add a selfie as well to have photographic evidence of said run
I'd say that's going too far. I do track my runs because I suck at pacing myself, but I slip my glove off my thumbs to unlock my phone. No fancy pants gloves needed

p.b

Forum GOD!
Why do school calculators look this this now? How is one supposed to understand that display!
1600633285031.png

sev-8

Forum GOD!
Why do school calculators look this this now? How is one supposed to understand that display!
View attachment 76968
It looks like you'd only get to that screen after a lot of messing about and defining custom functions (I am not a calculator geek!), so you would know what you're doing.

Not sure if you meant what was on the display or it being a scientific/graphic calculator?

p.b

Forum GOD!
It looks like you'd only get to that screen after a lot of messing about and defining custom functions (I am not a calculator geek!), so you would know what you're doing.

Not sure if you meant what was on the display or it being a scientific/graphic calculator?
What’s on the screen. Hopefully you’re right that what’s displayed is ‘deeper’ into the functionality of the calculator. Otherwise it’ll be super confusing. I do remember trying to use a programmable calculator many years back and that was too complicated!

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I use my HP 12C pretty well everyday. I find it’s much more logical than most other calculators. The instruction book, however, is a good 240 pages long.

sev-8

Forum GOD!
What’s on the screen. Hopefully you’re right that what’s displayed is ‘deeper’ into the functionality of the calculator. Otherwise it’ll be super confusing. I do remember trying to use a programmable calculator many years back and that was too complicated!
It looks like f(x) has been defined as x^2 and g(x) is 2*x. The screen is showing the result for different values of x

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Ar$3hole driver on the way home. Car in front a learner, bless em you could tell they are new to driving. N9 place to overtake so a nice gentle keep your distance ride home. That’s apart from the young girl behind me, right up my backside all the way with no let up. Eight whole miles she followed me for from college car park to outside my door (lives on the same close). One emergency stop away from a nasty accident, bearing in mind she was driving an old i10 baked bin can. Didn’t see her indicate once. Nice fluffy pink steering wheel cover though.

R181

Grumpy old man
Ar$3hole driver on the way home. Car in front a learner, bless em you could tell they are new to driving. N9 place to overtake so a nice gentle keep your distance ride home. That’s apart from the young girl behind me, right up my backside all the way with no let up. Eight whole miles she followed me for from college car park to outside my door (lives on the same close). One emergency stop away from a nasty accident, bearing in mind she was driving an old i10 baked bin can. Didn’t see her indicate once. Nice fluffy pink steering wheel cover though.
Young girls now drive as insanely as men over here too.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.