The Rant Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Well it's coming up to 3 years of marriage for us in July. We still haven't received our wedding video. Intermittent replies from the company, apparently the company is now diluted. The couple who shot the video are divorced and what has been offered is the raw footage minus any editing (paid for) as they can't complete the project. The raw footage promise was about 2 months ago. I still have the agreed upon contracts so time to take this further.

ronald

I buy a lot of my meat from Muscle Food. They use DPD for delivery and it has been faultless for 3+? years...

My last order, I got a text message from Yodel informing me of an impending muscle food delivery. "Oh shit," was my first thought.

As expected, it did not arrive but I got a "confirmation of delivery" notification! I contacted MF and they said Yodel were helping out with peak demand!
Yodel couldn't find my house, so delivered it somewhere else instead! WTF!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

MF offered to resend my order with "extras!" Great, but please don't send it via Yodel!
They couldn't send it DPD, and it would come via Yodel as they we're... yeah, you guessed it...
But, the MF rep was keen to emphasise, that there would be no degradation of service in using Yodel. Erm???

Order cancelled, new meat required.

This could well be the last we see of MuscleFood...
I've had similar experiences with the winning combination of Musclefood and Yodel that have led me to never buy from Musclefood ever again. In terms of value for money, bulk buying from a local butcher, freezing what you don't immediately use then gradually using it up ends up being similar value to a Musclefood order, minus the hassle.

Also buying whole chickens and deboning them yourself is much cheaper than buying breast/thigh portions per kg of meat (even when taking the weight of bones into account).

D

Deleted member 476

Day 15 of double digit minus oCelcius days here in Calgary, Canada. The longest cold stretch in 21 years and still no end in sight.
Currently -18C/0F but been as cold as -37C/-35F with windchill this past week. The daytime highs at this time of year are usually -1C/30F in Calgary. burrrrr.

R181

Grumpy old man
Day 15 of double digit minus oCelcius days here in Calgary, Canada. The longest cold stretch in 21 years and still no end in sight.
Currently -18C/0F but been as cold as -37C/-35F with windchill this past week. The daytime highs at this time of year are usually -1C/30F in Calgary. burrrrr.
Yup, we had the same till the polar vortex shifted west. I think we hit a few nights that were -47C with the windchill in that cold snap. Not the time for power failures or your furnace to die on you. The snow this year has been pretty bad too. Hardly anywhere left to put it any more and you can't see what is coming on the roads at intersections or leaving your own driveway. Then again it could always be worse.

Bob

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
Well it's coming up to 3 years of marriage for us in July. We still haven't received our wedding video. Intermittent replies from the company, apparently the company is now diluted. The couple who shot the video are divorced and what has been offered is the raw footage minus any editing (paid for) as they can't complete the project. The raw footage promise was about 2 months ago. I still have the agreed upon contracts so time to take this further.
If you do get the footage @Nishy, I am more than happy to help edit as required :)

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
Has anyone else ever undertaken 'strengths training'?

I have, and one of mine is Deliberative. In short, I research everything to within an inch of its life, and as such, it causes me to delay making a purchase far longer than it should. My latest dilemma is a new PC. I have the spec together, but I still find myself researching each individual part extensively, looking for a reason not to buy that part.

It makes sense at times like this where I am parting with a small fortune, but still bugs the daylights out of me.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member

I have, and one of mine is Deliberative. In short, I research everything to within an inch of its life, and as such, it causes me to delay making a purchase far longer than it should. My latest dilemma is a new PC. I have the spec together, but I still find myself researching each individual part extensively, looking for a reason not to buy that part.

It makes sense at times like this where I am parting with a small fortune, but still bugs the daylights out of me.
Sounds familiar. Research till I have a headache and then buy the damn thing anyway, well 9/10 :)

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member

Last time I built a PC in enjoyed the research and speccing parts more than building it once it arrived. :D

ronald

In the last couple of years processors have improved from 2 to 4 cores giving a huge step up in performance. Also intel are releasing a 10nm processor later this year so all in all, it's a great time to get a new PC

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
In the last couple of years processors have improved from 2 to 4 cores giving a huge step up in performance. Also intel are releasing a 10nm processor later this year so all in all, it's a great time to get a new PC
The CPU I'm looking at (Intel i9-9900K) runs 8 cores, it's mad. The latest Ryzen chips run even more than that, and the soon to be released Ryzen 3000 are built on a 7nm architecture! There's so much movement.

Thug

Let's talk about 6, Baby.
Customs....a totally exasperating experience.

3 soaps ordered from Maggards. Arrived in the country on 10 February.
Customs duty paid on 16 February.
Now get informed that the shipment has been stopped by the Customs Border Control Unit, 5 days later.

For freakin soap????

Not as if it's plastic explosive disguised as shaving soap.

slapo

It's... alive!
Carbon steel blades... maybe I've been unlucky with them, but they consistently give the worst shaves ever. The Feather FAS-10... tuggiest stuff I remember trying. Didn't even do half of the first pass before I had to stop. Blunt as heck. So much irritation... they have to be ice scrapers or something.
Ouch...

Status
Not open for further replies.