The Rant Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Anything you want to get off your chest?
Something you want to say, but you know you can't, or will make the situation worse?
Well now you can!

Fekkin drivers who think it is acceptable to drive past cyclists whilst blowing there horns. Retards...

S

Steve Bowles

Feckin' cyclists who think it's acceptable to mow people down in zebra crossings!

Reactions: Len
S

Steve Bowles

Cyclists who think any road in Britain is safe for cycling!

Reactions: Len

R181

Grumpy old man
Cyclists going across country on the highway. The main highway through our part of Canada is 2 lane with gravel shoulders and the cyclists slow everyone down as they are entitled to travel on the paved portion. Especially maddening on a steep uphill grade where they slow transports to a crawl behind them backing the rest of us up even more. It's very unsafe for all on the road.

Then there are the ones in the city who do not ride according to the rules of the road besides backing everyone up because they don't travel at the posted speed limit.

Bob

Cyclists who get the hump because I use my horn as intended, to warn other road users of my approach and presence...
Cyclists who watch the TDF then think they can tackle any gradient only to zig-zag all over the road shaking like a shitting dog before getting off and waving apologetically to the queue of cars...

R181

Grumpy old man
Motorists who think the roads are just for them
Yup, you haven't had the pleasure of being slowed numerous times to 20 kmph on a 2 lane highway with gravel shoulders where traffic normally travels at 100 kmph. This in the course of an 8 hr drive to the next larger city in either direction from your home. These types of roads were not made to accommodate cyclists. That highway is the main and only highway across Canada in our area with all the east/west transport traffic on it.

Bob

DevonStan

Forum GOD!
The motorist versus cyclist debates always get heated no matter where they're conducted. I did cycle the lanes of Essex for a good few years and also drive a car, and even take the occasional walk on our back roads.

Over the years I've developed a calm and all embracing acceptance that we should all share the world's resources and facilities in fairness and good grace.

But when that fails I find that my roof mounted aid to progress never lets me down.............

S

Steve Bowles

The cyclist vs motorist debate is fine until they both try to occupy the same physical space. That's where 4-wheels trumps 2-wheels. I live in a rural area of England where the shoulders of the roads are bordered by hedgerows. If I'm doing the legal 30 mph, and a cyclist (unseen by me) on a curve ahead is doing 10 mph, I will overtake them and find myself on top of them. Too bad, so sad. There is no where in England where one can cycle safely, and if a cyclist is slowing traffic down to 10 mph, they have to expect to have horns sounded at them at the very least. There were 128,000 cyclist-involved accidents in Britain last year; this pretty much shows that cycling on the public roads is a high-risk endeavour.

DevonStan

Forum GOD!
Like I say, I cycled a for a long time on country lanes therefore will have will have incurred the wrath of drivers like our previous poster, above.

Obviously I can see both sides of the argument. If we chose we could extend it to horse riders as well.... lots of them round my way too.

But if I did bite and respond in full it would get ugly... believe me it WOULD get ugly.

(incidentally, when Steve Bowles says he's doing the "Legal 30" there's nothing "legal" about the figure in question... it's a maximum not an advised speed or a target speed at which you can legitimately travel no matter what).

I declare the blue touch paper duly lit and watch to see just how ugly it gets without my making it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.