The Rant Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
No I’m not but since the mask rules they don’t limit numbers or couples
So you end up with a packed supermarket with an unexceptable (?) amount not wearing a mask!
Been out with Mrs Saint and loads of couples shopping. For us it was a very rare chance to nip and look at some Christmassy bits of food and drink. She’s been working extra shifts up the Hospital and to have a Saturday is quite rare. Morrisons was fairly packed, the 10% discount for NHS went down well.

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
Tried to contact our bank to report what I thought a phishing text. Having navigated the automated messages, spent an hour and 45 minutes in a phone queue system waiting to speak to someone, with no indication as to where I was in the queue. Less than a minute to be reassured when I fiinally got through but it shouldn't be that difficult to speak to an operator!

chris.hale

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Tried to contact our bank to report what I thought a phishing text. Having navigated the automated messages, spent an hour and 45 minutes in a phone queue system waiting to speak to someone, with no indication as to where I was in the queue. Less than a minute to be reassured when I fiinally got through but it shouldn't be that difficult to speak to an operator!
First Direct. They answer the phone within a couple of minutes, you get straight through to someone and it's someone in the UK or Ireland. The few rare times the person who answered couldn't help and I needed to be transferred it was also quick and the person I was transferred to knew who I was and why I was calling. I really can't fault their customer service.

Ventastic

Legendary Member
Waited near to a month for a Wolfman, LE Semogue boar and Wickham order.
Now they seem to be nearing delivery and our valley is sinking in snow. The road is closed for avalanche safety reasons....oh, and the electricity supply is currently disrupted.

Maybe next week.

Rant over.

Cleanfoam

I always made a point before dropping the BM off I owned that I wouldn’t accept a Mini
I don't mind the Mini - SWMBO drives a Countryman and it's pretty decent tbh. A normal Mini convertible however...... I'm afraid I don't get it at all. It's essentially a loud, squeaky impractical 2 seater. If I wanted that I'd go for a MG Midget :laugh:

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
I'm fortunate to have spent some quality time with comedian Jerry Sadowitz. Talking about rants, I've always liked this one of his...

"Hate EVERYONE. I hate EVERYTHING. And I hate MISCELLANEOUS, in case I've forgotten anything......."

Cleanfoam

So now I've got a text from the garage with a link to a video showing me everything they've checked and how good condition everything is in. It's less than 6 months old and done under 2k miles FFS, of course everything is going to be fine!

They appear to have checked everything EXCEPT the steering which is the reason it's in there in the first place! Grrrrr

Ventastic

Legendary Member
Waited near to a month for a Wolfman, LE Semogue boar and Wickham order.
Now they seem to be nearing delivery and our valley is sinking in snow. The road is closed for avalanche safety reasons....oh, and the electricity supply is currently disrupted.

Maybe next week.

Rant over.
The rant continues.

3 items out for delivery today. Heavy snow, road just closed. Maybe tomorrow.

Cleanfoam

Turns out there was a screw came loose that holds airbag in steering wheel. Removed and replaced and no more rattle.

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Dropped my 6 month old BMW into the dealer as there's a rattle from the steering wheel :cursing:

Guess what they gave me as a courtesy car?

Mini convertible!! It's Scotland and it's the winter FFS!! :speechless:
Is your BMW rear-steering and the Mini front-steering? If so, the Mini is the better option in snow.

Cleanfoam

New 1 series, so FWD. last one was RWD so it’ll be interesting to compare the 2 through the winter. Never had an issue with the RWD tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.