The One Soap One Month Challenge!

p.b

Forum GOD!
This month I will be using vintage soaps:
upload_2019-1-31_22-38-25.png

From top left:
Floris (might be tallow - don't really know)
Dubarry
AOS Sandalwood (Tallow)
Imperial Leather
Old Spice
Cussons (don't they make Imperial Leather? So won't it be the same?)
Yardley Black Label
Yardley Brown box?

I'm not a vintage soap affectionardo but i seem to have ended up with several. I'll use each for three days on the trot (as I usually do) and see if they're worth keeping. For the most part they all smell the same to me - soapy like Imperial Leather bar soap does.

As I have two I'll use Yardley first. To be cont'...

SeanC

Forum GOD!
This month I will be using vintage soaps:
View attachment 42304
From top left:
Floris (might be tallow - don't really know)
Dubarry
AOS Sandalwood (Tallow)
Imperial Leather
Old Spice
Cussons (don't they make Imperial Leather? So won't it be the same?)
Yardley Black Label
Yardley Brown box?

I'm not a vintage soap affectionardo but i seem to have ended up with several. I'll use each for three days on the trot (as I usually do) and see if they're worth keeping. For the most part they all smell the same to me - soapy like Imperial Leather bar soap does.

As I have two I'll use Yardley first. To be cont'...
If the Floris has the generic term 'Soap Base' at the top of the ingredients list then it will be tallow made in their former factory in Devon

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: p.b

p.b

Forum GOD!
If the Floris has the generic term 'Soap Base' at the top of the ingredients list then it will be tallow made in their former factory in Devon

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
The refill box it came in had no ingredients listed. The 'box' has No89 printed on it but someone had handwritten 'Verbena' on it.

JayGee

Forum GOD!
Razorock P160 (white tub) for February.

Not used it in long, long while. Did a lovely job this morning, will stick with it.

bagman

Coffee drinker
Staff member
I find it hard enough to go for a few days with one soap so I’ll try a week to start with.

Semogue Lavender is the one February’s first week

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I’ve only used Eufros Tobacco since November - with a couple of nights away using Bufflehead A1A made into a DIY soap stick. It’s the ‘Premium’ tallow version of Manuel’s formulations.

It’s a great soap. The lather is very rich and it’s slick and glossy whether I aim for a thin or thick lather. Will I buy more? That depends on whether I find on an alternative to Eufros balm, by far my favourite post-shave product.

I don’t think that what’s left will see February out. Next up to be used to completion will be what’s left of an early 2016-vintage tub of Wickham 1912 Russian Leather.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Well so far this month has been a Toivo from RazorMaster affair, because I've been flued up to the eyeballs, and the scent really cuts through and invigorates the sinuses. I might just continue.
Hope you get better soon my friend.

D

Deleted member 1881

Well so far this month has been a Toivo from RazorMaster affair, because I've been flued up to the eyeballs, and the scent really cuts through and invigorates the sinuses. I might just continue.

Wow I wanted to get one of these, the Uula, but I didn't.

What about performance Nick? Better than most artisans?

p.b

Forum GOD!
Wow I wanted to get one of these, the Uula, but I didn't.

What about performance Nick? Better than most artisans?
If I may interject: the performance is stellar, but every one of the four scents I tried irritated my sensitive skin. I don’t mean to answer for Nick but if you have sensitive skin beware.

HMan

Forum GOD!
I've tired a couple of Razor Master soaps, being in Finland, I had to. Sad to say for me the performance is lack luster, but the scents are wonderful.

D

Deleted member 1881

If I may interject: the performance is stellar, but every one of the four scents I tried irritated my sensitive skin. I don’t mean to answer for Nick but if you have sensitive skin beware.
Thanks. Yes I have. So I will avoid them. Too bad if the performance is good as you say.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Thanks. Yes I have. So I will avoid them. Too bad if the performance is good as you say.
well - we all seem to be sensitive to different things so I wouldn't avoid them one just my recommendation but you could try a sample from Shavedash before investing in a full tub?