The One Soap One Month Challenge!

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Hi all,

So we are now well into 2017 and with Feb being a short month, I thought it would be fun to try this.

So the idea is, you pick a soap, and use it constantly for 1 month!

The idea behind it is that you will really get to dial in the soap, get to know it a bit better than if you were to chop and change with a few soaps a week and hopefully we can get some good thoughts on the soap within the thread.

I've been doing this for a while now, I warn you, the discipline needed to stick to it is pretty hard! Sometimes though you finish a product and it is quite a satisfying feeling, also as you are used to the product, you will get some great shaves.

So first up, i've got a grated Speik Shaving Stick, milled down in an old Razorock container.

I won't be shaving today but it will be up for duty tomorrow morning.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
I will be finishing a Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk in the next day or two. Making a decent dent in another soap by sticking to the next one this whole month is tempting. However the group buy 1912 will be landing this month... can I resist trying it until March?

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I'll be sticking to MdC this month, but with the occasional try of the sample LE from Jabonman and P&B.

Definitely get a better understanding and result when taking time with a product and gaining experience.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
OK I'm in. I've just finished the 1912 so now I'll be sticking with P&B Baskerville for the rest of the month. I may, however, need to try the group buy 1912 when that arrives.

Thalasos

Forum GOD!
Hello, gents. I'm in with Musgo Real Classic Cream, as started this week with this challenge. Maybe some Saturday I play with Musgo Real soap... I want finish something before buy some others soaps.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Hello, gents. I'm in with Musgo Real Classic Cream, as started this week with this challenge. Maybe some Saturday I play with Musgo Real soap... I want finish something before buy some others soaps.
Great product, lovely scent.

Cheesepiece

Stickler
Ok, didn't shave today. Will go with Macca Root as it was up next in the rotation tomorrow. I'll put the RazoRock R160, Simpsons Café Latte and Meißner Tremona Dark Limes away.

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I'm not quite at a place where I can do this but I'm very much looking forward to people's reviews and experiences! I find that using a variable exclusively for
a number of shaves does help you to put your finger on the pulse of what you like and what you really like.

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
I'm not sure I could do this, as I enjoy my soap variety. I've been using Nivea Cream for the last 6 days on the trot so it's not out of the realms of possibility I suppose.