The mystery of the disappearing Proraso

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Pursuing my quest to use up some old stock and revisit some old favourites I decided today would be a Proraso green day.

All was well until instead of the soap I remembered an old tube of Green cream that was languishing unloved at the back of the shelf. This had been opened and no more than 1/4 of the tube used. So I squeeze, squeeze again and again and eventually, after much air I got around 2" of cream. Too much for one shave - yes but that was ALL I got. Tube otherwise empty. Now if I reckon this has been sitting there for three years it is probably more like 4 or 5 years if truth be told. The cream seems to have just vanished in the tube. Did not even get anything runny or mouldy just 2" of perfectly good and useable cream. Had a great shave and lathered well with the left overs. Had enough to make a good Pavlova. :okay:

WTF did the rest of it go? :eek:😱

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I've had creams split and turn into liquid and if they are not air tight i've had then dry up and go hard but never turn into a near empty tube but with still normal cream at one end. Very strange

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
I've had creams split and turn into liquid and if they are not air tight i've had then dry up and go hard but never turn into a near empty tube but with still normal cream at one end. Very strange
I am not even convinced what was left was at the end of the tube either. I did use a metal squeezer key on it and was getting air popping throughout.

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
My Proraso red tube disappeared for two weeks. I looked and looked and couldn't find it. Then it suddenly appeared again. My wife said it was always there and asked whether I was feeling okay. My working theory is that she hid it and is trying to make me think I'm crazy, so she can commit me to a mental institution and then take all of my money.

If I stop posting one day ...