The J. R. Torrey Razor Co.

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
Well after a long search I have finally found my American classic, been looking for a long time for this grail a NOS stock a J. R. Torrey with box and all the papers, a good friend of mine from Texas came up with the goods, look at that box, full of NOS Japanese Swedish and German razors, I'm going be like a Kid on Christmas morning finding out what he has inside that magic box. :)

nos torrey 001.JPG

nos torrey 003.JPG

nos torrey 004.JPG

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
I'm just thinking of getting into straight razors. That one featured is a beauty. Love the scales, too. Not a fan of boring black -- no offense to anyone that likes boring black. :wink:

Well after a long search I have finally found my American classic, been looking for a long time for this grail a NOS stock a J. R. Torrey with box and all the papers, a good friend of mine from Texas came up with the goods, look at that box, full of NOS Japanese Swedish and German razors, I'm going be like a Kid on Christmas morning finding out what he has inside that magic box. :)
I have that same box, and I have a few really nice Torrey razors. One has a fancy spine with scallops. Are those green transparent scales original? I guess they are as it's NOS.

JamieM

I have that same box, and I have a few really nice Torrey razors. One has a fancy spine with scallops. Are those green transparent scales original? I guess they are as it's NOS.

Yes, they are transparent, purchased the razor from a good friend from Texas.

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
Wow, what a box full of goodies! I wonder just how many different sizes, styles and brands there are in there. Congratulations on finding your prize, Jamie.

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
Graeme, I didn't get to see all of the goodies in the box, although I did bag another two from the box, two beautiful Japanese razors, a Diamond Hayashi 888, and a Kikuboshi A-1 for Pro use.
Wonderful, well done. As lovely as the Torrey is, what is it that makes it so special? How many razors a have you now? You’re photos are consistently the best around too.

JamieM

Wonderful, well done. As lovely as the Torrey is, what is it that makes it so special? How many razors a have you now? You’re photos are consistently the best around too.

Graeme, the Torrey razor was a gift, it's from an American friend who knew I wanted a classic American razor, I only have about 15 straight razors, I always go for quality over quantity. :)