The French and the Americans

TobyC

Patriot
I was hoping for several pages of posts like the @Sid James post above or historical quotes on how one country helped another country. I would have some historical interest in learning what razor John Wayne used.
2011 October The Personal Property of John Wayne Signature Auction #7045

lf.jpg

And,... here is my 2 cents;

We are all supposed to be the good guys, working together to fight the bad guys. We all have reason too puff our chest out and hold our chin high, and we all can find reason to point fingers. But we are still here, and the Krauts and Nips are gone and we did that together. I guess we need a common enemy before we can get along.

Francorelli

Forum fella
Politics aside, I have been treated very nicely while fairly frequently visiting in the US during my life. You do sometimes get the odd A hole no matter what country you visit.

The view of historical events is tainted by what a countries position of power is on the world stage and reflected in that countries education system. When you are arguable the most powerful country in the world you tend not to look outward but inward as everything seemly revolves around you. That in turn lessens the importance of understanding Geopolitics. Smaller less powerful nations do not have that luxury of navel gazing relative to the rest of the world. A well rounded education involves looking out ward and sadly I do not think the US education system does that well.

That is well reflected in this thread.

Bob
Nicely put.

Hopefully everyone will get bored of this ludicrous thread.

Unless of course you all want to hammer away at Least Edifying Thread of the Month.

Last edited:

R181

Grumpy old man

We are all supposed to be the good guys, working together to fight the bad guys. We all have reason too puff our chest out and hold our chin high, and we all can find reason to point fingers. But we are still here, and the Krauts and Nips are gone and we did that together. I guess we need a common enemy before we can get along.

The Germans and the Japanese are not gone but now are our allies. There is a common enemy, from my pov anyway, and that is religious extremism regardless of the religion involved. As well as other assorted countries to be closely watched.

Bob

Grishnak

Forum GOD!

I tried diffusing at the beginning.

It’ll all end in tears......

Boru62

Shaving Boar
Gore and Kerry sure as hell had nothing to offer!
Quite a few of your countrymen disagreed and the election was a weird one to say the least.
But anyhow, I felt one facetious comment deserved another in reply.

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Quite a few of your countrymen disagreed and the election was a weird one to say the least.
But anyhow, I felt one facetious comment deserved another in reply.
So true. And yet another election that was decided by the electoral college and not the people.

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
The history lesson is entirely unnecessary. In fact, I could have written the purpose of the electoral college without having to cut and past a link from some website. And it has no bearing on the validity of my statement.

Last edited: