Review The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Post-Shave Water-Gel

• Thread starter Deleted member 1881
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1881

So, time for Randy to make a review for this one.
I used it with Maca Root shave cream old formula.

Scent: Not much, I would say it is clean and light, once applied it disappears and does not interfere if you use any cologne.

Texture: It is a heavy gel in clear blue colour, difficult to pour it to your hand because it is not watery at all. It feels like a pure aloe vera gel, although it is a bit heavier. I used more than enough, and it was difficult to spread it on the face. Once applied, it dried COMPLETELY, with not a single bit of grease. It felt like I didn't put anything on my face. Many people here will appreciate this, I didn't. However, the face felt silky smooth and any stinging disappeared.

Performance: It cools the skin, it felt nice on the face, but I definitely have used way better balms/gels. When it dried, my face was starting to be tight and now I'm writing this, I can't really move my lips very comfortable. I'm not saying that it is bad, just not my preference. However, it is a gel that you could use and immediately go out for a walk without feeling shiny.
I could say that it feels the same like a pure Aloe Vera Gel, although it is heavier when first applied.

Final Thoughts: I didn't dislike it, but it won't be my go to balm. Having tried tons of balms and moisturizers, I prefer the Natura Siberica Yak & Yeti over this one any time. It is near the average point of balms, in the same league with Proraso. Good ingredients list though.

@Randomangle

Last edited by a moderator:

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
The Body Shop always has testers you can try. I have the shave cream and have tried the aftershave gel tester. Nice aqua / sport / fresh scent, not dissimilar from what you will find in the case of many deodorants. This is not a bad thing. I prefer a fresh scent to the more mature, heavy aftershave scents more similar to what you find with colognes.

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
On a side note, I passed by The Body Shop today and stopped in to smell some of the other things they have in the men's section. Loved the Guarana & Coffee Energizing Moisturizer. No coffee scent whatsoever. Smelled more like kumquat. Very refreshing. If they made an aftershave gel in this scent, I would be all over it.

D

Deleted member 1881

On a side note, I passed by The Body Shop today and stopped in to smell some of the other things they have in the men's section. Loved the Guarana & Coffee Energizing Moisturizer. No coffee scent whatsoever. Smelled more like kumquat. Very refreshing. If they made an aftershave gel in this scent, I would be all over it.
What? You didn't grab the water-gel?

jdixon

Legendary Member
Hi there Has anybody try MACA powder or maca coffee in pakistan. Did a bit research, but found mixed reviews. Few side effects. Interested in hearing experice using MACA. Read that could potentionally help athletes