Tedalus Essence razor

As far as i've followed up the origin storyon the shave den forum, the Tedalus is made to give a straight razor feel in the hand, shapewise and weightwise. It obviously cannot give that feel shavewise.
And why are you paranoid about zamak?
I actually do think it's a pretty close feel to a straight razor, with the biggest difference being that AC blades are much more rigid than a straight razor. As such, I feel like I have more control with the Essence. I also like the AC length versus a "standard" straight. I'm easy both ways, but one of my favorite straights is a Japanese one with a shorter blade.

Regarding paranoia about zamak (thanks for the correction on the spelling!), I live in a tropical climate, so things rust and deteriorate really easily. Electronics have a shorter life span. I prefer things that are easier to take care of. My razors take up about half of my dry cabinet space.

Estariol

Über Member
Oooh, the tropical area, it simply didn't occur anywhere near my mind that it's possibly not a good environment for zamak. I understand now, thank you for clarifying.
Now back to the Tedalus, it will be a razor i will keep sending the picture of in my yearly letters to Santa... :o_o: :roflmao:

From what I understand, Zamak is "pot metal". It was the substance I remember cheap tools were made from when I was a child. Like cheap plastic that doesn't last. So, I'm prejudiced accordingly.

Snuff

Forum GOD!
I was a tester for the tedalus and have now over 200 shaves with that razor, don’t want to sound like a fan boy but out of the 30 + shavettes I’ve used this is my number one choice.

received the rubber insert today but won’t use it, for me I’ve never had any issue with blades and a closed razor (as long as you close it gently).

stand is coming shortly, really want one as for me it just deserves to be on display

Is it the same as my straight razors? As close as any shavettes I used but it’s different as it should be. IMHO straight razors are really great if you are a good honer and many are not.

received the rubber insert today but won’t use it, for me I’ve never had any issue with blades and a closed razor (as long as you close it gently).
Can you send a picture of the insert and where it goes? Does it fit securely or does one need to worry about it coming loose?

Snuff

Forum GOD!
I won't use it as I like the look of the closed razor better without (certainly when the stand arrives shortly) but I've installed it so you can see
Easiest way is lay the razor in open position on it's back, push the rubber peace slightly in above the right position and then just close the razor (without a blade in it), that way the piece will automatically be pushed to the right place.

IMG_4381.jpeg
IMG_4382.jpeg