Tea scented soap/croap/cream

AlfredoT

Forum GOD!
I'm kneeling asking for help.
I'm hunting for a black tea scented soap.
Someone told me the B&M Cheshire: my perception of the fragrance might be Earl Grey tea, but I cannot smell it al all.

I came across McDuff Soap Co. and they claim their Royal Earl Grey.

I swore I'd have never bought any soap without smelling it before, but my will is weak...

Does anybody know the brand and its performance?
Does anybody know the scent?

I understand fragrance perception is one of the most personal things on earth and surroundings: someone told me Cheshire smell like tea!
In reality I'm not a big fan of B&M scents... they have sometting strange to my nose: Fern, Lavender, Petrichor, Gentleman something...
Great performance, but olfactory incompatibility!

The most similar (on paper) to the real thing seemed to Lucky Scruff Black Tea but it seems the company closed.

There is one from PAA Tea Party 508, who seems to be similar.
And one from the spanish artisan Joserra.

Is there a tea fanatic who can suggest a name?

Last edited:

Driftwood

Forum GOD!
Nobel Otter The Noir et Vanille, is a black tea and vanilla scented soap. It's not one that I've tried, but on the list for future purchases

owlman

Forum GOD!
I didn't get any tea from the Thé Noir, to my nose it's a twin of B&M Lavanille, only with a more subdued fragrance.

MacDuffs is a fantastic soap base, I just love it! Very nice, creamy, "melted ice cream"-like lather. (Somewhat yellow-ish though, and I'm always a bit weary it might stain natural hair, so I only use it with synthetics to be safe.) I don't know their tea soap though, sorry.

My recommendation for tea soap would always be B&M Cheshire, so I guess that doesn't help much either...

AlfredoT

Forum GOD!
It is not hard to find: it's impossible.
As a matter of fact I'd have been a bit doubtful about the ginger: have no idea what it smells like and too many soap makers claim their soap smells like a cup of tea.
But they generally lie like politicians!

Tabula Rasa... Never tryed/smell the German soaps...
Good hint, thank you Nishy!

Sergio

Dr Watson

James
D'Ardenne Short & Bell (OSP) did a lovely one scented with "Darjeeling, honeysuckle and rose" called Colonial... Admittedly not a straight up black tea scent but the best one featuring tea I've used. Sadly out of production 😩

Dr Jon's has "Anne Bonny" which claims to have Black Tea as one of it's notes but I am guessing it's more of a Bay Rum scent.
I haven't tried this particular scent but their soaps have a very good vegan base and perform excellently if you were to try and track them down.
The only others I can think of ..

In bocca al lupo!

Tortuga

The Spangle Maker

AlfredoT

Forum GOD!
Dr Jon's has "Anne Bonny" which claims to have Black Tea as one of it's notes but I am guessing it's more of a Bay Rum scent.
I haven't tried this particular scent but their soaps have a very good vegan base and perform excellently if you were to try and track them down.
The only others I can think of ..

In bocca al lupo!
I'm not a big fan of Bat Rum, especially approaching hot season...
And I know many have some tea in it, but I want to smell it! :)

Thank you and crepi il lupo! :wink:

AlfredoT

Forum GOD!
Hey!
This sounds (smells?) good even if I cannot trust my nose...
How's the Van Yulay performance?
I heard of it, but don't know anything about it...

Tortuga

The Spangle Maker
Hey!
This sounds (smells?) good even if I cannot trust my nose...
How's the Van Yulay performance?
I heard of it, but don't know anything about it...
I honestly can't tell you anything about it Sergio, I just googled black tea scented shaving soaps 👍