Tea or coffee?

Discussion in 'ATG Cafe' started by Rusty Blade, Aug 9, 2018.

1. What is your preference, tea or coffee? And how do you prepare your tea or coffee?

Me? Coffee, dark roast, either black or a dab of cream. Two cups a day.

2. Benz3ne

Benz3ne Legendary Member

Generally speaking, coffee. Black, one sugar. Lidl's 'Columbian', in the blue packet, is perhaps one of the best I've tried.
    In work, often I opt for 'builders' tea, a minuscule splash of milk, no sugar. Instant coffee is usually terrible*.

Cups per day is inversely proportional to number of hours of sleep.

*I do have a coffee filter and some ground coffee, but limit myself to one cup of that a day. I make it strong.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Blademonkey likes this.
  3. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

100% Coffee.
    Prefer Espresso, but equally happy with Filter or Cafetiere. I generally use instant at work though.

Paper Plane and Benz3ne like this.
  4. Quique

Quique Forum GOD!

Coffee, always Espresso. I take five or six cups a day

Billyhank, koenfucius and Benz3ne like this.
  5. Burgundy

Burgundy Forum GOD!

AM is coffee, PM means tea.

I usually make my morning’s coffee in a French Press. One mug with breakfast, the rest in a flask for when I’m at work. I might get the moka pot out every so often but the cafetière is good enough for me. I buy pre-ground - either Illy from the supermarket or whatever the independent cafes we go to suggest. Tea tends to be Yorkshire, sometimes Tetley’s - we’re not precious about it. I prefer both tea and coffee with a drop of milk but without sugar.

iamsms and Benz3ne like this.
  6. Addendum: Sunday mornings I will usually drink a pot of espresso. I would drink it every day, but I find after drinking a pot I can't blink for a couple of hours.

Billyhank, Benz3ne and Blademonkey like this.
  7. What is 'builders tea'?

8. Benz3ne

Benz3ne Legendary Member

It's slang for a particularly 'wholesome', strong cup of cha! :D

Rusty Blade likes this.
  9. R181

R181 Grumpy old man

Coffee is preferred. I make a pot of strong coffee in the morning using an automatic maker and Maxwell house ground coffee dark roast. First coffee taken black with one heaping spoonful of Demerara brown sugar any subsequent cups black. Sometimes the boss will make a pot of tea in the evening using orange black Peko tea bags. Good thing we both like it strong and I will lob a couple of spoonfuls of white sugar into mine.

Bob

Benz3ne likes this.
  10. dc68

dc68 -------------

Nespresso x 6 with a couple of fags for breakfast, Black.
    Tea, strong and Northern during the day.
    Black coffee after tea ( dinner).

Benz3ne likes this.
  11. Coffee.
    I use Dalla Corte Mini and Bacchi Espresso machines. Sometimes I go for Bialetti Brikka and Alessi Pulcina moka(s).

12. chris.hale

chris.hale Forum GOD!

Coffee, white, no sugar. At home usually Rave Signature Blend bought as whole bean and ground as needed then brewed using an Aeropress. At work Douwe Egberts dark roast instant.

I did used to drink tea but find it rather bland having gotten used to coffee.

George likes this.
  13. vita

vita Mach 5 Turbo Fusion

+1 for builder's tea. 2 cups before 10am, any caffeine later than this and I won't sleep til gone 5am.

14. wintoid

wintoid Forum GOD!

Hard to choose.

I have a Hasbean coffee subscription, and I keep a Hausgrind at work so I can drink it drip. At home I have an HGOne and Olympia Cremina for espresso, or Chemex or CCD.

On the other hand, I'm currently really enjoying PGTips brewed for 3 minutes (timed by Alexa)

15. Holyzeus

Holyzeus Quack Quack

Yorkshire de-caff tea after work
    About 6/7 cups of coffee at work

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice