Taylor Of Old Bond Street brushes?

Downhill

Theres a bargain for set of brush and TOBS shaving cream. The original package is missing but goes under 30 euros.

Are the TOBS brushes any good?

Downhill

They do a huge range of brushes, What size and grade is it?
I think its this one.... Perhaps with smallest knot.

Heres the link for said bargain. Mind it's in finnish but atleast you can see the picture.

Edit: found Said kit tobs website.

Boycie83

Forum GOD!
I think its this one.... Perhaps with smallest knot.

Heres the link for said bargain. Mind it's in finnish but atleast you can see the picture.

Edit: found Said kit tobs website.

It's a pure badger brush - don't waste your money one it. You can get a nice Yaqi badger and the TOBS cream for about the same price. Cheaper if you want a synthetic.

bagman

Coffee drinker
Staff member
It's a pure badger brush - don't waste your money one it. You can get a nice Yaqi badger and the TOBS cream for about the same price. Cheaper if you want a synthetic.
what he said, you’ll get a much better quality Yaqi brush. TOBS cream is decent stuff but also overpriced unless on offer

Downhill

what he said, you’ll get a much better quality Yaqi brush. TOBS cream is decent stuff but also overpriced unless on offer
Where The bargain was for that brush and cream sell TOBS creams in good price. 12 euros for sandalwood for example. Half price what is cheapest without ordering abroad and pay pricy shipping or customs.

That's why I asked. If it worth of buy, Even with price of 16 euros

dc68

-------------
Yes, lets all buy that Yaqi brush, made by workers on a respectable wage, where we know their rights are balanced with their responsibilities, Governed by people who truly respect the need for democracy in HK.....oh Covid displaced that off the agenda of all media ( I hate the idea of there being only MSM by the right wing wing flat earthers)
But it's ok because you are not using a cart and therefore needlessly hurting the environment and saving money.... because shaving with a brush and blade is going back to the old days when things were a tad purer....
Come on people, lets be proud and use things made in the UK, USA and EU. Lets pay a premium because in the long term it is worth it.

Smiffy

Veteran
Yes, lets all buy that Yaqi brush, made by workers on a respectable wage, where we know their rights are balanced with their responsibilities, Governed by people who truly respect the need for democracy in HK.....oh Covid displaced that off the agenda of all media ( I hate the idea of there being only MSM by the right wing wing flat earthers)
But it's ok because you are not using a cart and therefore needlessly hurting the environment and saving money.... because shaving with a brush and blade is going back to the old days when things were a tad purer....
Come on people, lets be proud and use things made in the UK, USA and EU. Lets pay a premium because in the long term it is worth it.

I like this idea a great deal, to have an ethical mind when you make your purchases.

Last edited: