Completed Tatara Masamune Razor pass around

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
First shave with a Vokshod wasn’t very good, patchy with some irritation. Very patchy actually with no efficiency.
Second shave this morning with a Feather as recommended to me @Wayne
That’s more like it. Not a bad two pass shave at all. No buffing needed. Not very long lasting though

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
That’s it for me.
I think with a Feather you could probably get some real good shaves, unusually for a Feather it never felt like it was going to nick me.
But it’s not an ideal blade, expensive to buy and naff after the second use.
It’s well built and clamps the blade firmly but not for me quite as nice as Timeless etc
Love the box!

Salv

Not sure what Feather blade you use. I get 4 or 5 good shaves from mine.
Top blade.

Sonny

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
On its way to next lender
... and it has arrived....
  1. sɐǝɹpu∀/riverrun (ATG/TSR)
  2. Blademonkey (TSR)
  3. carbold (ATG/TSR)
  4. Rowlers (ATG)
  5. Salv (ATG)
  6. Holyzeus (ATG)
  7. Barry Giddens (TSR)
  8. ajc347 (ATG)
  9. p.b (ATG)
  10. Mikey J (ATG)
  11. Tomhstorey (ATG)
  12. Wayne Pritchard/2hot 2trot (TSR/ATG)
  13. Boru62 (ATG)
  14. ManicDee (ATG)
  15. Andymc133 (ATG)
  16. bagman (TSR)
  17. Celar36 (ATG)
  18. Nosdoh (TSR)
  19. Benz3ne (TSR)
  20. fixedwheel (TSR)
  21. nolisco (TSR)
The list is open.
Legend: Waiting, Currently with, Completed [/s]Pulled out[/s]

Wayne

Forum Sod
I'm slowly starting to dial this razor in and tonight I have had my best shave so far with it true BBS. I used Maseto 30mm Ivory two band, Route 66 Sweeney Todd soap, Feather blade 2nd use and the Tatara, Three pass shave and only a little irritation on the neck which Aloe Vera would have sorted had I been bothered to use it but the Sweeney Todd has left such a soft skin feel I haven't bothered. This is easily the best shave achieved yet with this shaver. It's turned into a keeper I'm happy to say.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I'm slowly starting to dial this razor in and tonight I have had my best shave so far with it true BBS. I used Maseto 30mm Ivory two band, Route 66 Sweeney Todd soap, Feather blade 2nd use and the Tatara, Three pass shave and only a little irritation on the neck which Aloe Vera would have sorted had I been bothered to use it but the Sweeney Todd has left such a soft skin feel I haven't bothered. This is easily the best shave achieved yet with this shaver. It's turned into a keeper I'm happy to say.
You have more patience than I!

Wayne

Forum Sod
You have more patience than I!
I wouldn't say that Lee but I was determined not to give up on this razor for a change. I shaved with it twice then put it on BST. That's like selling a car after taking it around a roundabout. So I've stuck with it and the Feathers and it's slowly coming good. I'm not kidding myself it's a 'Can't do without it' razor it's not but it is a bloody good one if you give it a chance. I'd have slipped up had I sold it I think mate.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I wouldn't say that Lee but I was determined not to give up on this razor for a change. I shaved with it twice then put it on BST. That's like selling a car after taking it around a roundabout. So I've stuck with it and the Feathers and it's slowly coming good. I'm not kidding myself it's a 'Can't do without it' razor it's not but it is a bloody good one if you give it a chance. I'd have slipped up had I sold it I think mate.
Pleased it is working out for you. I had a great shave last night with the Tech, which has again made me want to try the PILS & Mamba's of this shaving world. It never ends...

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
The Tatara is now with @ajc347
  1. sɐǝɹpu∀/riverrun (ATG/TSR)
  2. Blademonkey (TSR)
  3. carbold (ATG/TSR)
  4. Rowlers (ATG)
  5. Salv (ATG)
  6. Holyzeus (ATG)
  7. Barry Giddens (TSR)
  8. ajc347 (ATG)
  9. p.b (ATG)
  10. Mikey J (ATG)
  11. Tomhstorey (ATG)
  12. Wayne Pritchard/2hot 2trot (TSR/ATG)
  13. Boru62 (ATG)
  14. ManicDee (ATG)
  15. Andymc133 (ATG)
  16. bagman (TSR)
  17. Celar36 (ATG)
  18. Nosdoh (TSR)
  19. Benz3ne (TSR)
  20. fixedwheel (TSR)
  21. nolisco (TSR)
The list is open.
Legend: Waiting, Currently with, Completed Pulled out

ajc347

Forum GOD!

I used the Tatara razor for the first time last night and the first thing that struck me is how well it is made. Everything fits together perfectly and the attention to detail in manufacturing puts it up there with the best razors on the market.

I opted to use the OC head given the amount of stubble that needed to be shifted (as I hadn't shaved for the best part of a week) and it performed excellently.

Two passes were all that were needed and I'm very impressed with the result. It's not as smooth as a Timeless or as aggressive as a Wolfman OC but it felt like it's going to be a great razor nonetheless. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk