Pass Around Tatara badger brush

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Ok so I have had 2 uses with the brush so far. I'm planning on having another use this evening and once more on Sunday. This will then be posted to the next in line.

Full review to follow. What I can say is the knot is well balanced and to my liking. Decent backbone, not floppy. Controlled splay with 'concentrated' face feel. No scratch or scritch and the handle is aesthetically and ergonomically appealing.

I want to relate all the comments above to other brushes and provide a more relatable review. So hopefully I should be able to post this by the weekend.

boilerphan

Forum GOD!
Ok so I have had 2 uses with the brush so far. I'm planning on having another use this evening and once more on Sunday. This will then be posted to the next in line.

Full review to follow. What I can say is the knot is well balanced and to my liking. Decent backbone, not floppy. Controlled splay with 'concentrated' face feel. No scratch or scritch and the handle is aesthetically and ergonomically appealing.

I want to relate all the comments above to other brushes and provide a more relatable review. So hopefully I should be able to post this by the weekend.
Nice looking brush. Will be awaiting the full review. Knot looks to be decent quality.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Will be finishing and posting my review tomorrow Gents. Apologies for the delay the weekend wasn't as quiet as expected. In the meantime I'm enjoying photographing the brush and razor, the previous are from my phone. Below are from my SLR:
IMG_4710.jpg
IMG_4712.jpg
IMG_4713.jpg
IMG_4715.jpg

p.b

Forum GOD!
Good brush @p.b ? Been thinking of trying to find one.
It’s an excellent brush. I normally like 26-28mm brushes and this is only 24mm. However, it’s so good I can over look the size. It feels and acts like a Shavemac unique 2 band.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Ok the Tatara brush, I have had five uses with the brush since receiving it, each with the same soap, SV Cosmo.

Starting with the knot, it is made by Semogue, Silvertip 2 band at 24/50. On the face it feels punchy and soft, not floppy. Splay is controlled and not massively large. Bristle feel is similar to good 2 bands in my collection. Not gel tipped. No inverted hairs and neatly cut. My preference is slightly more backbone and density; but as always YMMV. I felt no unpleasant scratch, a good quality silvertip. It does have a little badger stink, again something I don't mind; it goes.

On the puck it loaded quickly and held enough lather for three passes, after just a short load (approx 30 seconds) great not having to revisit the puck. Building the lather is a pleasure, swirling and scrubbing feels like a soft massage.

Handle. Love the look. Precision and industrial come to mind. Grip IMO is an issue when handle is wet with lather. It becomes slippery. I just washed it off the handle. Not a big issue but something to consider. Especially considering it would do more damage to your sink, than the brush. Handle is solid and heavy, feeling great in the hand.

I have definitely enjoyed my time with the brush. A well balanced knot and well engineered handle. Naturally it matches the Tatara razor superbly. I believe the knot still has to fully bloom, so will be interesting hearing future opinions on the pass around.

Thank you for this opportunity @TATARA RAZORS

TATARA RAZORS

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Ok the Tatara brush, I have had five uses with the brush since receiving it, each with the same soap, SV Cosmo.

Starting with the knot, it is made by Semogue, Silvertip 2 band at 24/50. On the face it feels punchy and soft, not floppy. Splay is controlled and not massively large. Bristle feel is similar to good 2 bands in my collection. Not gel tipped. No inverted hairs and neatly cut. My preference is slightly more backbone and density; but as always YMMV. I felt no unpleasant scratch, a good quality silvertip. It does have a little badger stink, again something I don't mind; it goes.

On the puck it loaded quickly and held enough lather for three passes, after just a short load (approx 30 seconds) great not having to revisit the puck. Building the lather is a pleasure, swirling and scrubbing feels like a soft massage.

Handle. Love the look. Precision and industrial come to mind. Grip IMO is an issue when handle is wet with lather. It becomes slippery. I just washed it off the handle. Not a big issue but something to consider. Especially considering it would do more damage to your sink, than the brush. Handle is solid and heavy, feeling great in the hand.

I have definitely enjoyed my time with the brush. A well balanced knot and well engineered handle. Naturally it matches the Tatara razor superbly. I believe the knot still has to fully bloom, so will be interesting hearing future opinions on the pass around.

Thank you for this opportunity @TATARA RAZORS
Thank you Nishy for your wise words. Is always a pleasure to receive the feedback of the users because at the end they are the ones that are important to us=)

Do you think we can use some of your words to describe this one to our customers or in our media?

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Thank you Nishy for your wise words. Is always a pleasure to receive the feedback of the users because at the end they are the ones that are important to us=)

Do you think we can use some of your words to describe this one to our customers or in our media?
Thank you, your welcome it is a pleasure to use your products. If you could just run the media comment past me before it's published I would appreciate it, otherwise yes by all means.