Tapatalk

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
After the site update from a few days ago, Tapatalk seems to be not working anymore. It's quite handy to have an overview of all the forums, so please bring back this.
This has been queried and answered several times already, it’s broken and not likely to come back.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
After the site update from a few days ago, Tapatalk seems to be not working anymore. It's quite handy to have an overview of all the forums, so please bring back this.
Sorry, as Chris says, it is not likely to happen. It is too much trouble...

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I agree but we can only do so much, I've emailed Tapatalk for help/advice.

Perhaps those finding it difficult can try Chrome or otherwise for a while?

fredyx

Forum GOD!
Browsing the forum using Tapatalk is easier and more straight forward, but taking into account the time and effort you put in this forum update I'll use chrome and uninstall Tapatalk (which is always slower).

pimple8

Forum GOD!
It's a real shame if Tapatalk doesn't return. TSR has issues as well.
I suppose one benefit is I will access forums far less, due to the lack of convienience.
Unfortunately, me too. Due to commitments and lack of time, tapatalk has proven itself as a handy tool for a quick and easy browsing through the forum. Especially if you miss out on a few days of posts.

Hope thins will resolve some time in the future, I guess it's not only ATG that's having issues and people at tapatalk will react/make necessary fixes?

fly3k

Forum GOD!
It’s saving me money too. I prefer Tapatalk and know I won’t log in as much through a browser. Hopefully it will be restored at some point in the future.

shadowman12

Legendary Member
I send an mail to Tapatalk and they say that ATG is running on outdated version of the Tapatalk plugin. Why is it so hard to update to a newer version?

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Because my personal account is linked to ATG, so unless I start up a new account for ATG (presumably losing all previous info) I will have to use my personal account, which I don't particularly wish to do. I would have to re-sign up to Tapatalk and provide whoever links ATG to Tapatalk my username and password details.

pimple8

Forum GOD!
Hi guys.
Any future plans or possible changes to the tapatalk version of the forum?
I miss the forum greatly, but since all the forums i visit are trough tapatalk, using a not user friendly web browser for atg is hard to get used too...

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Hi guys.
Any future plans or possible changes to the tapatalk version of the forum?
I miss the forum greatly, but since all the forums i visit are trough tapatalk, using a not user friendly web browser for atg is hard to get used too...
I invested hour upon hour trying to get it to work; The tapatalk plug is dreadful, the support is poor. The security holes that it opens up are... Nah, sorry but I personally want nothing more to do with it... The mobile website of ATG is fantastic, a much better experience than tapatalk, but I can understand that having all forums in one place is nice and easy...

rum

Forum GOD!
Just my tuppence...
It is actually easier to upload photos using tapatalk. I’m not having a go at the mobile version of the forum software - it certainly looks good but it’s just not easy to add links or photos when on a phone.
As I said, just my humble opinion.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I've just noticed that TSR has also removed Tapatalk.

It is actually easier to upload photos using tapatalk. I’m not having a go at the mobile version of the forum software - it certainly looks good but it’s just not easy to add links or photos when on a phone.
I have not used Tapatalk for months, but I cannot see how it makes it any easier add photos. "Attach files", choose the file you want, select "full image" or "thumbnail". Alternatively use an image hosting website and simply paste the link in...

Tapatalk's days are numbered, may as well get used it it before it goes.
For info, it also diverts all ad revenue away from websites that use it, generating revenue for tapatalk and not ATG. They also claim rights to content posted by users through the app.
Sorry folks, it won't be getting installed here...