Strop paste

Tyke121

Forum GOD!
Can anyone give me an idea of a good strop paste to use straight after coming off a 12000 grit hone ,Also is it best to use paste on a paddle strop canvas side or a hanging strop ? Thanks

Britva

Eats steel for lunch
You don't need that. If your 12K edge isn't shaving properly, the problem is in the bevel set most likely. I'm in a rush, but will come back... Revisit your bevel setter in the meantime please 😉

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I used to use CrOx paste on the canvas side of a cheap hanging strop. However I found the edge to be too crisp. I much prefer the edge when finished on a Naniwa 12k.

R181

Grumpy old man
I used to use CrOx paste on the canvas side of a cheap hanging strop. However I found the edge to be too crisp. I much prefer the edge when finished on a Naniwa 12k.
I do the same to smooth out the edge after my Naniwa 12K finisher. Different strokes for different folks. You have to experiment to see what works for you.

Bob

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I do the same to smooth out the edge after my Naniwa 12K finisher. Different strokes for different folks. You have to experiment to see what works for you.

Bob
Yes I agree, I haven't had much experience with pastes. It is something that interests me, I also admit to failing at the first hurdle. X-pattern on a cheap canvas strop. I spent most my time learning to hone and I now enjoy a Welsh slate or a Naniwa 12k as a finisher.

Tyke121

Forum GOD!
Yes I agree, I haven't had much experience with pastes. It is something that interests me, I also admit to failing at the first hurdle. X-pattern on a cheap canvas strop. I spent most my time learning to hone and I now enjoy a Welsh slate or a Naniwa 12k as a finisher.
I get a really good finish with Welsh slate at 12k must admit I prefer the shave off the slate before the Naniwa