Pass Around Straight razor

RSSO

SOD of the day
If you want to check is SR for you sign up below, up for pass around is Friodur 5/8 and Kropp (thank you @Nishy for generosity) and strop .

Always clean and sterilize razor before use, strope it before and after use.
Open worldwide. You are responsible for razor from when you receive it until it is delivered to other member.

Some short advice start with cheeks no meter how good you think you are , first 3 or 4 shaves cheeks only, try too keep same angle about one spine wide , if razor is tugging then spine is too near to your face , if you feel burning then angle is too wide. Shower before shaving and good soap will help a lot.
If you have any questions feel free to ask, I recently dont have free time at all so if I dont response in time certainly other members will jump in.

Enjoy it and stay away from that DE shite

Attachments

Last edited:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Lol RSSO, that final line made me laugh then shudder, some great DE's and SE out there which I find similar to the feel of a straight or even the closeness of shave it provides.

Anyway thanks for the kind gesture, great opportunity for those looking to try a straight razor. Is it shave ready? If not I would be happy to go first and hone it.

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
If you want to check is SR for you sign up below, up for pass around is Friodur 5/8 and strop.
Always clean and sterilize razor before use, strope it before and after use.
Open worldwide. You are responsible for razor from when you receive it until it is delivered to other member.

Some short advice start with cheeks no meter how good you think you are , first 3 or 4 shaves cheeks only, try too keep same angle about one spine wide , if razor is tugging then spine is too near to your face , if you feel burning then angle is too wide. Shower before shaving and good soap will help a lot.
If you have any questions feel free to ask, I recently dont have free time at all so if I dont response in time certainly other members will jump in.

Enjoy it and stay away from that DE shite
Nice one!!!

flobberdob

Forum GOD!
Great pass around @RSSO i would love to take part in this. Been curious and tempted by SR for a while now so this will be ideal, if only to confirm the supremacy and the ease of DE :)

Not sure if that was a commitment for Nishy to go first but will certainly fancy it after him.

RSSO

SOD of the day
Lol RSSO, that final line made me laugh then shudder, some great DE's and SE out there which I find similar to the feel of a straight or even the closeness of shave it provides.

Anyway thanks for the kind gesture, great opportunity for those looking to try a straight razor. Is it shave ready? If not I would be happy to go first and hone it.
I love SE on other hand never tried DE except that TR dont even have urge to try one. If you read this TR guys send one to me it would be great advertising.:dance:
Razor is shave ready, would you like to try it is great razor?

RSSO

SOD of the day
Great pass around @RSSO i would love to take part in this. Been curious and tempted by SR for a while now so this will be ideal, if only to confirm the supremacy and the ease of DE :)

Not sure if that was a commitment for Nishy to go first but will certainly fancy it after him.
Great we have first ex DE user. :D
Let's see if @Nishy want to give it a go and will mail it to you or him until end of week.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Hey guys if the razor is shave ready please continue without me, I am just offering to hone it if it isn't

Looney12345

Forum GOD!

An SR Pass Around will Give You a Flavour of What an SR Feels Like..You Ajnt Gonna Get a Shave Out of it in that Short Time..DE s are Toys by Comparison...:cool:

Billy
Billy is spot on. you will NOT be tempted away from DE shaving with SR shaving if you think two weeks with one is enough to achieve a good finish. It isn't. I'm 6 shaves in with a straight and still haven't moved onto my neck. I'm having a little break from it at the moment as have a few razors in my collection I haven't even tried yet and a couple of pass around razors arriving, but I will be going back to it and learning to get a good finish. It's a challenge and it feels good when you start to get reasonable results.