Straight Of The Day

Steve56

Forum GOD!
Unknown maker, surely Sheffield, ‘Superior Temper’, and it is, super hard, fine grained steel. It took me several hours on a slurried Shapton Glass HR 500 just to set the bevel. It’s a bit of an odd duck, the heel says ~1800-1830, the upswept nose and vestigial dip at toe says late 1700s. It’s big, 7/8. Soap was 3P lathered with a Keyhole 2, and Myrsol AB finished up.

CB4B6030-E2D9-4658-92BA-51F99068288B.jpeg
D7FFB5BD-7F0E-4E23-A1DB-52AD67ED6958.jpeg

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
9-10-2020

Koraat Double Bellied #14-2.0
Scrupleworks Veggie Tanned .. 30 laps leather only
Simpsons Sandalwood Shave Cream
Morris & Forndran Lee 6 Finest
Bloc Osma
Thayer's Witch Hazel .. Rose
D.R. Harris Sandalwood Aftershave Splash

The new Koraat arrived Tuesday, and today was it's maiden voyage. It's a stunning razor in appearance and performance, although, even with an extremely light touch, a bit too crisp for me, but that will work itself out. I especially like the Smoked Grey Aquaglass scales! The craftsmanship of these new bladesmiths, Koraat and Riga, is simply astounding!
The M&F brush is from the collaboration.. I don't consider it a true M&F, but in Finest, it makes a pretty nice little cream brush.
The latest edition of Simpsons creams is very impressive. Up there with the finest creams out there, IMHO.

One of those "memorable" shaves...

RussellR5555

Forum GOD!
9-10-2020

Bloc Osma

The new Koraat arrived Tuesday, and today was it's maiden voyage. It's a stunning razor in appearance and performance, although, even with an extremely light touch, a bit too crisp for me, but that will work itself out. I especially like the Smoked Grey Aquaglass scales! The craftsmanship of these new bladesmiths, Koraat and Riga, is simply astounding!
The M&F brush is from the collaboration.. I don't consider it a true M&F, but in Finest, it makes a pretty nice little cream brush.
The latest edition of Simpsons creams is very impressive. Up there with the finest creams out there, IMHO.

Stunning Razor !

UKRob

Forum GOD!
9-10-2020

Bloc Osma

That type of scale, in fact any see through material, has to be worked so carefully because any marks or dust in the wedge and pivot areas shows through. Lovely looking razor - congratulations.

Billyfergie

Forum GOD!
[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine.. :cool:

Hot Water prep & Massage with Argan Oil
French Special Monneret Full Hollow 6/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
P & B Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

A Smashing Shave Today with My French Special Monneret 6/8th.It Melted through a Weeks Worth of Whiskers Nae Bother..A Heavy Blade this One for a Full Hollow Grind with a Heavy Art Deco Spine..:D

Ooh..La La..:p:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:boxing:

Billy