Straight Of The Day

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Manuslu 205 sharpened on a Coticule with Glycerin , my first time with this method and my first impression is it produces a comfortable and sharp edge.

I’ve never considered using glycerin although I have used honing fluid on natural stones. Is it just the coticule you use it on?

RussellR5555

Forum GOD!
I’ve never considered using glycerin although I have used honing fluid on natural stones. Is it just the coticule you use it on?
Hi Rob, - Only the Coticule I have tried it on so far , and for me it kept the comfort and raised up the sharpness a notch. It was a tip from a friend who told me I should try it as he is getting great results that way.

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Hello Rob, I’ve been using undiluted glycerin on the Pierre la Lune with good ressults.

C.H. Guerre à Langres rattler, soap and balm were I Coloniali Mango in anticipation of cooler weather - but I may be waiting a while.

View attachment 100658
Lovely razor - I have a problem Kropp at the moment - it’s taken me three sessions and different combinations of hone to get what now feels like a decent edge. However, I’ve shaved with it twice already thinking the edge was good when it wasn’t.

Steve56

Legendary Member
Lovely razor - I have a problem Kropp at the moment - it’s taken me three sessions and different combinations of hone to get what now feels like a decent edge. However, I’ve shaved with it twice already thinking the edge was good when it wasn’t.
Thank you Rob. You’ll get there. Sometimes it takes more than one go at it to get it right. You might try leaving it for a few days then coming back to the stones. That seems to work sometimes versus just trudging on, but why I do not know!

C.V.H No 140 for the Saturday morning shave, soap and balm were ABC, and the brush a small Rooney beehive.

I have some of the new ABC hard soap on the way, and it will have to be very good indeed to meet or exceed the last version.

679E1BBC-F7B6-44EF-933B-3753B68F7317.jpeg