Straight Of The Day

Steve56

Legendary Member
Filarmonica Sub Cero, cream was my first outing with English made Erasmic (plastic tube). I had heard the gentlemen speak highly of Erasmic over on the Ingram’s thread, so when a couple of tubes appeared during a Pasteur’s sale, I popped them in the basket. Preliminary impressions are that it’s quite good, excellent even. The scent is kind of a light aquatic in the vein of AoS Ocean Kelp. The perfromance leaves nothing to be desired except that it isn’t the most conditioning cream ever, but nothing a splash of your favorite AS shouldn’t fix perfectly.

The brush was a Keyhole 3 and Myrsol Formula C paired nicely.

93B4A300-3A3C-4D59-A6E6-73400D8B2562.jpeg

Last edited:

Steve56

Legendary Member
First outing for the C. Miln, quite a good shave but I think that it could be better with a little more ‘love on the rocks’, lol. Something for tomorrow I suppose. The steel in this thing makes a Tornblöm look soft. Cream and AS were Acqua di Parma and a M&F Finest did the lathering.

843764BA-747F-48B2-812A-73D65645347E.jpeg

Steve56

Legendary Member
Vintage 1830’s??
From the looks of it, scales, tails, etc it’s probably 1790-ish. A friend who is more knowledgeable than I am says 1800 +/- 10 years. OK we’re close.

The transition at the ‘heel’, the shortness of the tail, the ‘clear’ horn scales, and the toe (though worn as you’ve noted in other razors) looks like late in the 1700s. I have some info on the maker in the last few hours that I need to digest it before commenting.

Most 1830s razors would have a longer monkeytail, and likely a differently shaped tang (narrower top to bottom).

Dating these razors is an interesting task. The best person for English razors that I’ve encountered is Zak Jarvis (aka Voidmonster) on SRPalace, and he has his own site, the ‘Shivering Beggar‘.

Twelvefret

Über Member
From the looks of it, scales, tails, etc it’s probably 1790-ish. A friend who is more knowledgeable than I am says 1800 +/- 10 years. OK we’re close.

The transition at the ‘heel’, the shortness of the tail, the ‘clear’ horn scales, and the toe (though worn as you’ve noted in other razors) looks like late in the 1700s. I have some info on the maker in the last few hours that I need to digest it before commenting.

Most 1830s razors would have a longer monkeytail, and likely a differently shaped tang (narrower top to bottom).

Dating these razors is an interesting task. The best person for English razors that I’ve encountered is Zak Jarvis (aka Voidmonster) on SRPalace, and he has his own site, the ‘Shivering Beggar‘.
I remember this photo from Strazors. I have one that matches the 1840 era.
1631674466024.jpeg
image.jpg

Last edited: